no this is worse though... sometimes i thought it was an instrumental because his vocals were so low

That is too bad, I was looking forward to this album

So using the scale would you

Buy It

Burn It

Skip It

Taking in mind I am a big Sugar fan, and only so so on Bob's solo stuff

I have to disagree about the production. I don't hear any vocal issues at all. There is not a lyric I can't understand on this disc. In fact, I think it may be Mould's strongest disc vocally at least.

He's playing the tiny Shank Hall in Milwaukee on 3/6 btw. I'm so there!

I agree that he's still great live, but man, I couldn't even get through this, seriously. I don't really like anything he's done post-Sugar. Don't know what happened to the guy, but I can't get on-side for the life of me.

Maker is on the mark. The last album I loved was Last Dog and Pony Show. I wish Bob would drop the vocoder.

In fact, I think it may be Mould's strongest disc vocally at least.

Come on, seriously? He sounds bored, old or sick. Maybe even a combination of all three...

Not kidding, my first thought, beyond "Wow, this first track sounds like bland, generic top 40 shit" was, "Man, dogg sounds rough as heck."

Come on, seriously? He sounds bored, old or sick. Maybe even a combination of all three...

Not kidding, my first thought, beyond "Wow, this first track sounds like bland, generic top 40 shit" was, "Man, dogg sounds rough as heck."

Wow. Different strokes I guess. I may too big of a fanboy to be objective through. I actually liked "Modulate".

okay, production issues aside, i spun this a lot today while ponying up a review for my blog...this really is a great body of work. i actually liked his last one okay, but this really is a pretty amazing disc.

I don't know if Bob's ever made a bad album. But Body of Song made no impression on me whatsoever. Same with the new one. It was all downhill when he started going to the gym.