How will you spend that $800?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no idea where we stand either since we are raped every year by the IRS. maybe they will just erase the taxes that we owe for 2007.

other than that I think I'll by some balogna and make some sammiches.

i sort of do and sort of don't understand tax rebates for kids. on the one hand, kids are expensive and it helps families to have that deduction. on the other hand, kids cost society more than no kids, so why wouldn't families owe more for the kids? i'm am seriously oversimplifying my thought pattern, which is totally simpleton to begin with.

last time, when bush gave taxpayers $300, i bought a dvd player.

now you can buy dvd players for $30.

Bush gave you nothing. This was simply a payout of your income taxes...in other words you got some of your withholding back and had to take a $300 or $600 credit on your income taxes when you filed as you will this time. No one is giving you anything.

i sort of do and sort of don't understand tax rebates for kids. on the one hand, kids are expensive and it helps families to have that deduction. on the other hand, kids cost society more than no kids, so why wouldn't families owe more for the kids? i'm am seriously oversimplifying my thought pattern, which is totally simpleton to begin with.

Heh, well, taxes, for the most part are just based on income and expenses--not so much for on the overall costs to society or to the government. There certainly are societal benefits to kids, though, as you were a kid once and are now a tax-paying, productive member of society.

Guest Golyadkin
You misspelled "then." Or perhaps that was Doug.

Oh NO!!!

my character flaw is totally open for everyone!!!

Muskrat gone out and did dat 1 n he donts give a shit...