How will you spend that $800?

I'm gonna take my $800 and start a small business - next thing you know I'll be Living the American Dream folks! :usa

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't this been tried recently?

Which of our Prez's did the cash back rebate on taxes shit?

Not that anyone necessarily is, but I hope that no one is banking on that $800 based on this thread. A few things to note:

-No legislation has been passed yet.

-There is some disagreement as to how much is going to be doled out

-Also, disagreement as to whether those who pay payroll taxes (social security and medicare), but effectively no income tax will get the credit (this includes many people all the way up to $50,000/yr)

-If it's anything like the last one, you won't get the credit if someone claims you as a dependent (college students, I'm looking at you).

last time, when bush gave taxpayers $300, i bought a dvd player.

now you can buy dvd players for $30.

Not good ones.

...but you can get a damn good one for $300 now, which you couldn't last time around.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080124/ap_on_...jV7auqZMfus0NUE

Individuals who pay income taxes would get up to $600, working couples $1,200 and those couples with children an additional $300 per child under the agreement. Workers who make at least $3,000 but don't pay taxes would get $300 rebates.

The rebates would phase out gradually for individuals whose income exceeds $75,000 and couples with incomes above $150,000, aides said. Individuals with incomes up to $87,000 and couples up to $174,000 would get partial rebates. The caps rise higher for individuals and couples with children.

Not really sure where I stand at this point. :lol