• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Golyadkin
Relax... have fun...

You get it....

Why can't Carlos?

Shit even my dog gets it.

Last time we got money back from the Gov. I purchased a vehicle, a brand new Hummer.

This time, like I stated in a previous post, I will be spending it on bills.

Bush gave you nothing. This was simply a payout of your income taxes...in other words you got some of your withholding back and had to take a $300 or $600 credit on your income taxes when you filed as you will this time. No one is giving you anything.

who pissed in your Cheerios?

Guest Golyadkin

John Smith is right...

El Ron you must not know what fun is, Ima gonna have muskrat come and bite you in the ass..

Oh man I am just jokin, I bought a Civic not a Hummer, because I hate America.

I heard last night on NBC News that the earliest these checks will get issued (assuming everything runs smoothly) is May.

What I don't understand is the distinction between "$600 per individual" and "$1200 per couple." Why don't they just say "and $300 per 1/2 person, $150 per 1/4 person"?

I've also seen the phrase "working couple" thrown around. Is that a distinction from single-income couples? I'm not sure. Anyway, it hasn't passed the Senate yet and they want to tack of some stuff (though they don't want to take anything out, so far as I know).

There is a distinction because it is a $300 check for any non income tax paying person as opposed to $600. Everyone will get money, not just the ones working.

So if you are a couple with one working person, you still get $600 a person. It's a tax thing because you support two adults, you get treated as two income tax paying people.

No one did, But the President did not give anyone anything. He was worth what maybe $12 - 15 million when he took office> There is no way he coudl give everyone in the country all that cash. All it was is a rebate of withholding that you had to note on your return when you filed it. It's not me being angry, it iis simple fact. That douchebag should not get credit the way he was given credit.

No one did, But the President did not give anyone anything. He was worth what maybe $12 - 15 million when he took office> There is no way he coudl give everyone in the country all that cash. All it was is a rebate of withholding that you had to note on your return when you filed it. It's not me being angry, it iis simple fact. That douchebag should not get credit the way he was given credit.

I don't follow. Who implied he was giving it out of his pocket? Anyone who thinks that is just an idiot.

last time, when bush gave taxpayers $300, i bought a dvd player.

now you can buy dvd players for $30.

I don't follow. Who implied he was giving it out of his pocket? Anyone who thinks that is just an idiot.

The out of pocket comment was sarcasim. I was referring to the above. Sadly too many people think Bush is a savior because they got a couple of bucks out of the government. He's not, the first rebate was a smoe screen to diver peoples attentiosn away from the much more massive give aways occuring higher up the social ladder. The current rebate for congress is strictly an election year ploy to make people think that something is being done, when this should have little actual affect on the economy. For Bush it is his answer to evrything...cut taxes.

like what, for example?

You are kidding right? Right...? Sigh, I guess not.

Did you notice hat the tax cuts for the middle and lower classes amounted to the same amount as the rebate? You still had to take a credit for the rebate on your taxes when you filed 01, but the amount of your rebate was it...period. Top rates were cut much deeper than that...3%. In addition to the unseen benefits such as the capital gains tax cut...now you can pay as low as 5% if you are in a lower bracket (not too many people in the lower brackets have capital gains) or 15% for those in upper brackets. Add to that many other deductions available to business (like the 30% then 50% bonus depreciation) and you can see where these lead to. They certainly did not lead to increased economic activity. Any illusion of economic prosperity was essentially hidden by the real estate bubble which has burst.

By the way, read the legislation proposed and know that I will get nothing in the way of a rebate. I don't need it, but I am just letting you know I am not working three minimum wage jobs and am angry that I don't get mine. I am fairly comfortable income wise and recognize that the policies of this administration have been overall bad bad bad for our nation. I just do not understand why that douche has any support. The only thing I can think of are that some people are loyal to party regardless and that some people only want whatever they can get and don't really think about tomorrow for our country.

I'm done, I'm not going to sway you and you won't sway me.