Is there a difference?

There used to be an on-going series of threads in TTL, that were "random thought threads". For just BSing, posting whatever came into your head, etc.; every 1000 posts or so, the old one would be closed, and someone would start a new one. At some point, the admins (there were just a few at the time, there's a much larger moderating staff now) felt that the RTT was sort of seeping out of the single thread, and things were going a bit nuts all over TTL. So, they created Ummm..., which is pretty much just a big patch of random nonsense. Anyone heading down there should be aware that all bets are off (the only things specifically prohibited are personal attacks, and images that are not safe to be viewed at work). It's like the Wild West, you'll find cattle rustlers and stagecoach bandits, but you'll also find Jimmy Stewart and more than one whore with a heart of gold.

TTL is meant to still be a general discussion area. It's hoped that threads will remain pretty much on topic, but no one gets too worked up if a conversation naturally evolves over time. Sometimes the mods will step in to try to steer a topic back on track, but it's not too tightly policed. Well, speaking as a mod, I don't think so, anyway. :lol

That's the general idea. Feel free to dive in to Ummm..., a lot of fun stuff goes on in there, just don't be too thin-skinned at first, it can take a while to get used to the tone of the place.

:wave

Here's a question for you Gogo ( or anyone else who knows ): Even though I'm an Ummvilliam myself has the thought ever been considered for Ummm posting not to count towards your total post number? It wouldn't matter to me if it didn't.

Just a thought - thanks. :thumbup

Well explained, gogo ... you smarmy condescending hurtful bitch.

:cheekkiss

Well, I do consider myself to be something of a whore with a heart of gold, so I think I know what I'm talking about. :pirate

Here's a question for you Gogo ( or anyone else who knows ): Even though I'm an Ummvilliam myself has the thought ever been considered for Ummm posting not to count towards your total post number? It wouldn't matter to me if it didn't.

Solace's original post announcing the creation of the Random Forum is still pinned in TTL. I thought there was something in there about those posts not counting toward total post counts, but I don't see it now. :brow

It was mentioned back in the day, but obviously it wasn't enacted.

Meh. I don't see any point in differentiating between Umm posts and other posts. Participation is participation, regardless of the forum in which it occurs. Besides, does anyone really care that much about postcounts?

edit: almost 12,000, woohoo!

• 4 weeks later...
what does RTT mean?

Random Thought Thread - originally, a thread in the TTL section a long time ago. It became it's own section - a place for people to talk back and forth with each other - as opposed to talking back and forth in threads all over the place like I do.