Bash-a Bulat tour dates

Basia Bulat is about to tour the states, running through the heartland of wilco-fandom.

7 Feb 2008 21:00 Schubas Chicago, IL

8 Feb 2008 21:00 High Noon Saloon w/Pale Young Gentlemen Madison, WI

13 Feb 2008 21:00 Triple Door Seattle, WA

14 Feb 2008 21:00 Doug Fir Lounge Portland, OR

15 Feb 2008 21:00 Sam Bond's Garage Eugene, OR

16 Feb 2008 21:00 Bottom of the Hill San Francisco, CA

19 Feb 2008 21:00 Hotel Cafe Los Angeles, CA

22 Feb 2008 20:00 The Walnut Room Denver, CO

23 Feb 2008 21:00 The Waiting Room Omaha, NE

27 Feb 2008 21:00 Jammin' Java Vienna, VA

28 Feb 2008 20:00 Tin Angel Philadelphia, PA

29 Feb 2008 20:00 Bowery Ballroom w/St Vincent New York, NY

1 Mar 2008 20:00 Middle East Underground w/St. Vincent, Foreign Born Cambridge, MA

27 Mar 2008 20:00 Zaphod's Ottawa, Ontario

28 Mar 2008 20:00 The Grad Club Kingston, Ontario

29 Mar 2008 20:00 Lee's Palace Toronto, Ontario

3 Apr 2008 20:00 The Casbah Hamilton, Ontario

4 Apr 2008 20:00 Call the Office London, Ontario

5 Apr 2008 20:00 Salsateria Guelph, Ontario

12 Apr 2008 20:00 Sala Rossa Montreal, Quebec

Came back from last night's solo show thinking that she's one of those people that give off more light than than they take in. You know - kinda like Meg Ryan. Anyway, the girl is luminous and if you're reading this and are in Chicago, Madison, Seattle, Portland, San Fran, Denver and Eugene, I've already committed you to go to this concert. Stick around afterward and tell Bash-a that Tualla sent you.

I'll be at Call the Office and Salsateria. From what I understand, the salsateria is exactly that, a cafeteria of condiments and beer with a stage. Sounds fun.

To get an idea of the shine that this girl puts off, watch this:

In the Night

Add to My Profile | More Videos

The vid is only ok with some random people in Bear-suits marching around Mount Royal on Halloween, but the song is outstanding and the luminousity, woah.

Will see her on 2/27 @ Vienna.

Are these full band shows or just Basia solo?

Am anxious to get my mits on the LP proper also...thinking I'll wait until the show and pick it up from the merch. table.

Last night was solo, which is kinda strange becuase half the band is in residence at the local college.

She said that the April Canadian dates will be full band - but I'm sorry, I did not ask about the American tour. Hope you get the full treatment.

Lots of cd copies at the merch table. I wanted to buy a T-shirt or something, thinking its like putting money straight into her pocket, but there was nothing there. Those nasty Hayden people had the table covered....

actually Hayden was pretty incredible with Bash-a joining him for an encore

Stick around afterward and tell Bash-a that Tualla sent you.

T, I actually invoked your name in a brief chat with Basia after her Joe's Pub show in NYC a couple of weeks ago. Hope that was OK. She remembered your posting to her MySpace page! :thumbup

T, I actually invoked your name in a brief chat with Basia after her Joe's Pub show in NYC a couple of weeks ago. Hope that was OK. She remembered your posting to her MySpace page! :thumbup

It's funny, I've been talking to her Mom more than her. We met at an instore where set-up issues kept the band from performing, so I just introduced myself to a woman who sorta looked like Basia and we talked about having grown up daughters. It also gave me a chance to learn how to pronounce 'Bash-a'.

Paul - and of course that that is absolutely ok and I think she can now recognize me as not just some cartoon avatar on myspace.

• 3 weeks later...

got this nice note yesterday after an email friend, Kyle, stopped by to talk to Basia and Holly in Portland:

your friends are so great!

Body:

dear Tualla' date='

every few days on this tour we play a show and we meet a lovely person who is a friend of yours - what a wonderful and tiny world it is! (Or at least tiny continent). Thanks so much for thinking of us, meeting all these great people are what makes the shows worth playing! And we hope to see you when we're back in Canada too :)

Basia

xo[/quote']

Turns out they played Sam Cooke's 'Take the Hem of His Garment' in Chi-town. What an inspired cover.

got this nice note yesterday after an email friend, Kyle, stopped by to talk to Basia and Holly in Portland:

aww, that was sweet of Basia. you've been doing a great job with the virtual street team, T. :)

too bad that i didn't get to Chicago just a few days earlier to catch her show here. would have been great to see her do that Sam Cooke song.

too bad that i didn't get to Chicago just a few days earlier to catch her show here. would have been great to see her do that Sam Cooke song.

I do know that you have the power to be in 2 places at once, but since that was not enough, here is one of those street-teamer's youtube of the show:

Sound's not the best, but hey, it's youtube from a cellphone or something

they did both the Sam Cooke cover AND a cover of Daniel Johnston's "True Live Will Find You In The End", in a nod to Daniel who played First Ave the night before Basia played the Entry.

T, i didn't get to chat w/ her enough to say hi to her from you, but i will indeed @ SXSW :)

T, i didn't get to chat w/ her enough to say hi to her from you, but i will indeed @ SXSW :)

Great!

I always wonder if I've gone over the 'fine line between stupid, and clever', ie - being nice and wishing them the best to perhaps being a bit creepy.

In concert they're kind of awkward and frozen in place like good friends slightly awed by their situation and thankful to be doing what they're doing. I just want a friendly face to say hello every couple days.

I just want a friendly face to say hello every couple days.

"You see Basia, there's this lady named Tu**** who kept posting posting a .jpeg image of your album cover in a message board I frequent and well, I became intrigued. So basically that's how I discovered your music".

I imagine it'll go down something to that effect.

Creepy? Nah.

Obligatory "record-geek"? Yep.

"You see Basia, there's this lady named Tu**** who kept posting posting a .jpeg image of your album cover in a message board I frequent and well, I became intrigued. So basically that's how I discovered your music".

I imagine it'll go down something to that effect.

Creepy? Nah.

Obligatory "record-geek"? Yep.

thanks Jimmy!

I always wonder if I've gone over the 'fine line between stupid, and clever', ie - being nice and wishing them the best to perhaps being a bit creepy.

Not to worry, T. I said to Basia tonight: "I'm supposed to tell you that Tualla sent me". She lit up and said "Oh my god!", then "Tualla knows the coolest people!" (obviously). She said it's been great having people every few stops who mention you, that it's like finding little easter eggs all over the country... :wub She is absolutely sweet as can be.

Anyone who's town is still to come on this tour, GO - you won't be disappointed. If the album is amazing (and it is), the live show is like 10x better. :music

New Dates in support of DeVotchka:

Apr 29 Eugene, OR MacDonald Theatre

Apr 30 Portland, OR Wonder Ballroom

May 3 Seattle, WA Showbox Sodo

May 4 Boise, ID Big Easy

May 7 Minneapolis, MN First Avenue

May 8 Milwaukee, WI Turner Hall

May 9 Chicago, IL Vic Theatre

May 10 Indianapolis, IN The Vogue

May 13 Atlanta, GA The Variety Playhouse

May 16 Washington DC 9:30 club

May 17 Philadelphia, PA Fillmore/TLA

May 18 Boston, MA Paradise

May 20 New York, NY Terminal 5

May 24 Omaha, NE SlowDown

Go see this band!

New Dates in support of DeVotchka:

Apr 29 Eugene, OR MacDonald Theatre

Apr 30 Portland, OR Wonder Ballroom

May 3 Seattle, WA Showbox Sodo

May 4 Boise, ID Big Easy

May 7 Minneapolis, MN First Avenue

May 8 Milwaukee, WI Turner Hall

May 9 Chicago, IL Vic Theatre

May 10 Indianapolis, IN The Vogue

May 13 Atlanta, GA The Variety Playhouse

May 16 Washington DC 9:30 club

May 17 Philadelphia, PA Fillmore/TLA

May 18 Boston, MA Paradise

May 20 New York, NY Terminal 5

May 24 Omaha, NE SlowDown

Go see this band!

Jimmy - Glad you had a great time! I expect that she'll nicely punch me in the arm or something at the next local gig.