Band of Horses

Band of Horses played at the Bottletree in Birmingham this past Wednesday, and although the show was way oversold, BoH did not disappoint. Opened with Monsters and played nearly everything off of their albums with the exception of St. Augustine and Window Blue. In addition they played JJ Cale's Thirteen Days and Act Together from one of Ron Wood's solo albums. They also played a cover of a song that I only know through Gov't Mule but I think is an older blues number. They played for about 2 hours which was wonderful since when I saw them Atlanta they only did about 75 minutes. Anyway, worth checking out for sure.

They also played a cover of a song that I only know through Gov't Mule but I think is an older blues number.

Was it "Effigy" by Creedence (covered by Uncle Tupelo too). They encored with it when I saw them in Philly. Superb performance - a real hoot and holler. They also played a track written by their new piano player, friend of Ben's from childhood, called "Older", I think. Great track - would love to hear that on the next album.

Older:

Saw them tonight for the second time in two weeks here in Charleston.

Encore was :rock > Monsters, No one's gonna love you, General Specific, Marry Song, Feelin Stronger Every Day (Chicago).

Tyler Ramsey played a good opening set too.

Saw them tonight for the second time in two weeks here in Charleston.

Encore was :rock > Monsters, No one's gonna love you, General Specific, Marry Song, Feelin Stronger Every Day (Chicago).

Tyler Ramsey played a good opening set too.

how crowded was that second show? i was so squashed by the first show i decided to skip the second one.

how crowded was that second show? i was so squashed by the first show i decided to skip the second one.

talked to a friend wed night and they sold out the second night at the music farm as well.

just answering my own question in case anyone else was wondering.