Charleston Roll Call

I wil be there, and just wanted to add in case anyone was unaware, that Blue Mountain will be at the Pour House the night before.

Yep, I'll be there too.. I'm looking forward to it. I heard Blue Mountain puts on a killer show.

I will be there! My boyfriend and I are staying at the Days Inn right at the PAC.

Hope there's a decent bar within walking distance. And lots of fans. :dance

My wife and I will be there. Staying at the Hampton Inn (I think) by the PAC. Planning on heading to the sports bar that is supposedly within walking distance. Hearing some stuff from the last few nights in Chicago has got me extremely fired up for Charleston...can't wait!

My wife and I are going. Haven't nailed down our hotel arrangements yet. We're staying until mid Sunday. I've never been to Charleston before. Thought I'd do some touristy stuff on Saturday. Any suggestions?

Charleston is a great little city. If you like history (I'm a total history buff), then there's plenty to do in that department. Fort Sumter Tour, Hunley, Yorktown (WWII Aircraft Carrier), Horse Carriage tours (those are good for learning the history of Charleston), The old Slave Market (a market that was actually used to auction slaves, and is now used for street vendors)

Really, the best thing to do is just go downtown, park near meeting street, and just walk.. You'll find plenty to do.

As far as restaurants, any place that has a crowd around it will be some of the best food you've ever had in your life.. Of course Charleston has great seafood.. Hyman's is a great one.. It's pretty much mandatory to go there if you've never been. :thumbup

I'll be there.

Oh and Hyman's is way overrated. I wouldn't go there unless you like waiting a couple hours to eat.

I'd have to disagree.. There is a reason why it's so crowded, it's great! I mean, yeah, you can go to the Boat House if you want fancy and calm crowds, but if you want great seafood for a good price, then Hyman's is the way to go.. But yes, you do have to get there kind of early or you will have to wait..

No, the reason it's so crowded is because it's a tourist trap, dude. :lol If I had to make a suggestion, it would be either Hominy Grill, Jestine's, Old Town, or my fave el cheapo place to eat, Easterby's.

Alrighty.. Well I enjoy Hymans. And I think that ponch is looking for the touristy stuff. But to each his own.

Those others you mention are great too. Especially Hominy. :thumbup

I'll be there :dancing :rock :w00t Hope to meet up with some fellow VC'ers :yes

I can't wait to meet you!!!

I owe you a beer. :cheers

And I recommend Sweetwater Cafe on Meeting Street to anyone who will be in the historic area. They have the BEST pecan encrusted chicken EVER. Hopefully, I'll have time to go Saturday afternoon before heading home.

I can't wait to meet you!!!

I owe you a beer. :cheers

And I recommend Sweetwater Cafe on Meeting Street to anyone who will be in the historic area. They have the BEST pecan encrusted chicken EVER. Hopefully, I'll have time to go Saturday afternoon before heading home.

Can't wait to meet you too!!! :w00t

However, I don't drink beer... but a nice Capt and Coke :stunned

You buy the first round, I'll buy the second :thumbup

Maybe I can head out Thursday night, spend the day in Charleston, then ROCK N' ROLL the night away :rock

Then maybe Savannah on Saturday... or should I go to Tybee or maybe Isle of Palms :ermm (Decisions, Decisions?) :yes

You can't go wrong with any of those options - I'm jealous! I hope to be in N Charleston by 4-5pm, find this illustrious sports bar everyone keeps mentioning and hang out till the show. Then I have to head home Saturday. :rolleyes

You can't go wrong with any of those options - I'm jealous! I hope to be in N Charleston by 4-5pm, find this illustrious sports bar everyone keeps mentioning and hang out till the show. Then I have to head home Saturday. :rolleyes

I"m pretty sure we'll be going to Sportz Cafe as well.. Wouldn't mind meeting some VCers.. I'll be the guy with a black long sleeve shirt, having some beers with the pretty brunette (my wife, not a Storm Trooper).. :thumbup

I"m pretty sure we'll be going to Sportz Cafe as well.. Wouldn't mind meeting some VCers.. I'll be the guy with a black long sleeve shirt, having some beers with the pretty brunette (my wife, not a Storm Trooper).. :thumbup

Okay looks like the Sportz Cafe it is... Hope to meet many fellow VC'ers... :thumbup

Definitely plan to spend some time downtown. Take a trip to Sullivan's Island for the beach, or Isle Of Palms. I'd stay away from Folly's Island and Hyman's seafood - way too touristy.

Disclaimer: I lived in the Charleston area for a short while (downtown and Wild Dunes).

How the hell do you know what you'll be wearing that far in advance? I started to say, "cool, I'll be there and I'll be wearing..." and it ended there. If I planned that far in advance, I'd never be able to find the clothes I intended to wear.

Maybe I can just wear a Wilco shirt. That would be easy enough.

How the hell do you know what you'll be wearing that far in advance? I started to say, "cool, I'll be there and I'll be wearing..." and it ended there. If I planned that far in advance, I'd never be able to find the clothes I intended to wear.

Maybe I can just wear a Wilco shirt. That would be easy enough.

Hello, he's a guy. Nuff said. :lol

:w00t

Well I just learned that Kevn Kinney will be at Cafe Loco (Tybee) Saturday night...

HHI on Sunday... So that takes care of Fri/Sat nights... :thumbup :dancing :stunned

He is at Windjammers Friday... However I'll be at WILCO :wub

Well, incase someone wanted to say hello, they would know how to recognize me.. And I usually wear black. :thumbup

Oh wait, or I could have just posted a picture of myself.. or.. nevermind.. I'm a dork.. :blush