Des Moines Queue - March 9

So I'm going to Des Moines...got my tickets the day they went on pre-sale...does that make me a Wilco weirdo? I hope so. Anyway, I'll be in Des Moines all weekend pre-show so wondering who all is coming to the show and who wants to meet up pre or post show to grab a bite to eat or something to drink? I'm taking Monday off so I can stay overnight somewhere and drive home on Monday. SOOOO now it's your turn.

Yes I want to but cannot. I will be arriving back in CO after a trip to England that same night, also I have missed to much school this semester. If these two things were not working against me I would be there in a heart beat. Hope the show is good, and the crowd is larger than the two other times I have seen them at the Val Air.

I'm flying into Kansas City on Sunday morning, renting a car, and driving up. And will be driving back after the show, because my flight out of Kansas City is at 8am.

Still: I'll have a few hours before and after the show to hang out!

Yes I want to but cannot. I will be arriving back in CO after a trip to England that same night, also I have missed to much school this semester. If these two things were not working against me I would be there in a heart beat. Hope the show is good, and the crowd is larger than the two other times I have seen them at the Val Air.

Ahh I LOVE England. I have discovered that Heathrow stinks and that Manchester is THE airport to fly into because it's sooo quick to get through customs, etc. and it's so new and lovely. Plus they have the train directly outside to take you into city centre. Hope you have a wonderful time!

I'm flying into Kansas City on Sunday morning, renting a car, and driving up. And will be driving back after the show, because my flight out of Kansas City is at 8am.

Still: I'll have a few hours before and after the show to hang out!

Sweet! When it gets closer to the date we'll have to figure out where to meet up.

add me to the rollcall! :dancing

and as for where to hang out before or after....i'll have to think about it. (i probably won't make it for a pre or post show get together, but i should be able to come up with some decent places to suggest for those who will.) like someone else already said, there's not much right next to val air, but there's a little district called valley junction that's a few miles south of the venue and it's got a few restaurants and i think there's still an irish pub over there. if someone else from the area has better ideas, feel free to add them, and i'll keep thinking and get back to you.

also there's a great, little coffee shop called being there coffee house in altoona (about 10 miles east of des moines) conveniently located right off i-80. exit 143. they're not open on sundays, but if you're spending the night and are looking for a fabulous cup of coffee on monday morning, definitely stop. i hear the place is awesome. ;) *end shameless plug*

I will be at Des Moines, definitely will be around the Val Air before the show to get a good spot, but afterwards I'm gonna have to head back to Grinnell since I have mid-semesters starting that week :stunned But I definitely hope to see lots of awesome people there.

Blueyedsoul-I kept forgetting to ask you where the coffee shop was since...oh...I don't know, forever? I'll definitely make a point to stop by sometime. It's not too far of a hike for me. :thumbup

lol well for all of you that can't meet up before/after we still definitely want to meet you!

Thanks for thinking of places to eat. It's okay if it's not next door..lol

Edit: Okay I found a few places to meet up, possibly have dinner? Check them out or let me know what you think.

Longest Yard

122 5th St

West Des Moines, IA 50265

(515) 274-1710

Angelo's Pizza

1310 Grand Avenue

West Des Moines, IA 50322

P: (515) 225-4114

There are coupons on their website too

These seem to be quite near the Val Air (funny enough I started typing the Riviera there)

also there's a great, little coffee shop called being there coffee house in altoona (about 10 miles east of des moines) conveniently located right off i-80. exit 143. they're not open on sundays, but if you're spending the night and are looking for a fabulous cup of coffee on monday morning, definitely stop. i hear the place is awesome. ;) *end shameless plug*

I second that! :wave (and I feel awful that I'm standing up my Wilco/coffeehouse friend yet again because I'm not gonna make it to this show either... :ohwell )

Me and a buddy of my from Manchester, England are going.

He's studying abroad at the University of Missouri in Columbia and I got him to come see them when they played at Summerfest (my favorite Wilco show to date) and then again when they play KC about a month later.

I like to think that introducing him to the band and taking him to three Wilco shows in the one year that he's here is just my duty as an American. :thumbup

Blueyedsoul-I kept forgetting to ask you where the coffee shop was since...oh...I don't know, forever? I'll definitely make a point to stop by sometime. It's not too far of a hike for me. :thumbup

yay!!! and also, i'm horrible with recognizing people out of context, so if you do stop by, and i don't act like i know you, would you pretty-pretty-please say something? :blush