Des Moines Queue - March 9

I second that! :wave (and I feel awful that I'm standing up my Wilco/coffeehouse friend yet again because I'm not gonna make it to this show either... :ohwell )

:wave

i was just thinking about you the other day!!

and also, just so you know, it's never the same without you. but maybe next time, right?

I think I'll be arriving in Des Moines with Happeningstone...

I just hope I can get a ticket, and that my friend will trade shifts with me so I can have off that night.

[cross your fingers, please!]

Checked the weather -- looking like highs in the 40s and lows in the 20s, and NO SNOW. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Has anybody been to the Val Air before? What's the lineup situation like?

And for those of us who can meet up beforehand -- any idea when and where?

Checked the weather -- looking like highs in the 40s and lows in the 20s, and NO SNOW. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Has anybody been to the Val Air before? What's the lineup situation like?

And for those of us who can meet up beforehand -- any idea when and where?

I haven't been there but a friend said there is limited seating at a few tables back on the wings...but the main floor is standing room ballroom flooring so it's basically you get in there and get your spot to stand at. I've only heard John Doe once and it was live last week when he was online live for the Wilco show.

I gave 2 ideas but noone's said yay or nay. I'm all for meeting up. So anyone have any other ideas?

Oh to add to the info about the Val Air..the neon lights are also amazing apparently as well as the style of the place since it's older.

So any decisions yet? I'm leaving on Friday for Des Moines for a fun weekend..can't wait to meet up with you guys!

I will be there too - weather permitting. I am Vermont and am supposed to fly to Des Moines tomorrow morning. We are in the midst of an ice storm...so, won't know until early tomorrow. Would love to meet up with VC'ers who are looking to grab a few beers before the show. Staying at the Embassy Suites - have never been to Des Moines before, but the Val Air sounds like a great place to see the band.

Currently sitting in a Panera in Kansas City -- flight from Denver was horrible! I'll try to make it by five, but after that flight I want to take my time and enjoy not being next to somebody who thinks my sixth rib makes a great armrest. :(