NIN new music distribution method

btw- your website thingy helped me big time awhile ago! thanks!

That is good - since I am paranoid about the blog disappearing, I re-did that thread in the BT section here on the board as a copy of what I have listed on that blog. I don't claim to know everything, but those links are some of the places I have found answers over the last couple of years.

yeah, he's a HUGE pirate bay fan as well. so smart that man is!

That dude just got his bail extended -

I tried again with a non-gmail address and it worked pretty much instantly. Here is the text from the download page (which provides a few details).

to download the slip, choose your preferred audio format below. MP3 is the best option for most users. you can download multiple formats if you wish.

due to their large file sizes, we are distributing the FLAC and apple lossless formats via torrents. when you click the links below for either of those formats, you'll receive a small .torrent file which you must open in a torrent application in order to download the audio files. if you are not comfortable using torrent files, you should avoid choosing the FLAC, apple lossless or wave options. visit this site to learn about torrents and how to use them.

high-quality MP3s (87 mb)

will play in any MP3 player. encoded with LAME at V0, fully tagged.

recommended for most users.

the files will arrive as a zip archive. in most cases, double-clicking the zip file will open it. if you need more help with zip files, go here.

FLAC lossless (259 mb)

CD quality - will not play in itunes or many other popular media players. (more info)

recommended only for advanced users.

this link will download a small .torrent file, which you must open with a torrent application in order to download the audio files. visit this site for information about using torrents.

M4A apple lossless (263 mb)

CD quality - will play in itunes. (more info)

recommended only for advanced users.

this link will download a small .torrent file, which you must open with a torrent application in order to download the audio files. visit this site for information about using torrents.

high definition WAVE 24/96 (1.2 gb)

better-than-CD-quality 24bit 96kHz audio (more info)

for advanced audiophiles only! although you will be able to play these files with most players that support WAVE format, you will not get any benefits from the higher resolution audio unless you have extremely high-end audio equipment. if you're not familiar with 24/96 audio, this download is not recommended.

all files are 100% DRM-free.

That is good - since I am paranoid about the blog disappearing, I re-did that thread in the BT section here on the board as a copy of what I have listed on that blog. I don't claim to know everything, but those links are some of the places I have found answers over the last couple of years.

That dude just got his bail extended -

why are you paranoid about it disappearing? i found it helpful that everything was in one place.

the pirate dude? hadn't realized they got to him to. :ohwell

i also used my yahoo email addy.

why are you paranoid about it disappearing? i found it helpful that everything was in one place.

the pirate dude? hadn't realized they got to him to. :ohwell

I meant the Oink chap.

Blogger does not like all the links - they read it has a spam blog.

i don't know if i like it. its ok, but nothing has blown me over.

oohhhhhh that makes much more sense.

I think those Pirate Bay dudes have got busted several times. I won't mess with places like that - or Demonoid anymore.

Now, keep track of how long that takes - I am curious.

it took me approx 41/2 hrs to dl the HD audio version. FYI

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

nin.com

1.7.09: your gift!

The internet is full of surprises these days.

I was contacted by a mysterious, shadowy group of subversives who SOMEHOW managed to film a substantial amount (over 400 GB!) of raw, unedited HD footage from three separate complete shows of our Lights in the Sky tour. Security must have been lacking at these shows because the quality of the footage is excellent.

If any of you could find a LINK to that footage I'll bet some enterprising fans could assemble something pretty cool.

Oh yeah, you didn't hear this from me.

this was in response to a blog he posted about taping the shows with james cameron's 3d crew & universal fucked it up. so what happened was a ton of fans on his board got together & coordinated video & audio work. they were concentrating on the vegas show since that was the last one on the tour. he then relaxed the video policies at the above shows. so the fans that had been working on their own dvd now get to use all this footage.

can't wait to see the 4 piece line up though i'm really sad to ally go.

:wub i know!!!! i just can't wait to see what the fans come up with! i think they are setting it up so that you can buy a physical copy of the dvd or you can just d/l it.

this is the one show where just hearing the audio doesn't do it justice. though having seen it, its cool to hear audience response to things that don't know are coming. i have a copy of the stl show & this kid is just going nuts throughout the show when the visuals get intense. it makes for a good listen but its really only a small part of the show.

that said, it would be great if he'd release a sbd of at least one.