Some recent shows........

I think people will not much care for the single track deal - and I also think that most people will want to convert these shows to Mp3 or whatever file it is that plays on iPods. I'd say The Wilco Archive is a better deal.

Download Them All

Also - to me - The Wilco Archive if for people who simply cannot do Bit Torrent and to preserve the shows for eternity. If one can do Bit Torrent, then I figure that is how one should get the shows - if they are available. I don't have anything against that dude - but I think the way he is presenting the files is cumbersome and confusing.

There are several ways to get shows, of course - B&P, BT, FTP, and downloading them the way one does via The Wilco Archive. I sometimes wonder what is the most efficient - and for myself, I have chosen Bit Torrent.

I don't do bit torrents, don't know how.....I can listen to his stuff through my Windows Media Player by just clicking on the show I want to hear while I'm on the computer doing something else......I do want to download your Jeff Tweedy 97-03 collection but I can't download anything from your site except flac files......The collection is in shn which won't download for me.....Any suggestions? I have taken his (sugarmegs) shows after loading them into iTunes and put them on an ipod.....

I don't really know shit about iTunes or iPods - so, you got me there. SHN files will play in Winamp - and they can be decoded just like FLAC files can be decoded.

What are FLAC files?

FLAC Frontend

What are SHN files?

mkw Audio Compression Tool (mkwACT)

The mkw Audio Compression Tool (mkwACT) is a free Windows

i remain baffled by peoples' refusal or inability to run bittorrent software

it's ridiculously simple and easy for even the most novice computer user. for some reason, there's an air of mystery about this, but it literally takes 5 minutes to set up

download azureus (free download -- go to http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.pp)

register at one of the numerous sites -- dimeadozen & hungercity are my favorite (or don't & use eztree)

click on a torrent (that has at least one seeder)

save it

when it hits 100 percent, you have the show. stick around & seed for others. you'll generally need a ratio of 50 percent uploaded to downloaded to remain a user

no mystery about flacs either. just download the free flac front end @ http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html and convert the files to *.wav files you can do anything with

this ain't rocket science, folks

Thanks I'll try it.......I have the latest version of winamp so I don't know if his ShnAmp will work......Here's a link to sugarmegs search page which is much easier to use.......

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/search/

Type in Wilco and see what you get.......It lets you play or see setlist........

Dude - the search is cool. But - I still don't think people are going to go for one big WMA file.

i remain baffled by peoples' refusal or inability to run bittorrent software

it's ridiculously simple and easy for even the most novice computer user. for some reason, there's an air of mystery about this, but it literally takes 5 minutes to set up

download azureus (free download -- go to http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.pp)

register at one of the numerous sites -- dimeadozen & hungercity are my favorite (or don't & use eztree)

click on a torrent (that has at least one seeder)

save it

when it hits 100 percent, you have the show. stick around & seed for others. you'll generally need a ratio of 50 percent uploaded to downloaded to remain a user

no mystery about flacs either. just download the free flac front end @ http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html and convert the files to *.wav files you can do anything with

this ain't rocket science, folks

Then, you have to learn Port Forwarding! ha ha ha

I think some people just can't do BT - due to ISP issues or computer problems or whatever. BT was rocket science to me - but once I began messing with it - I figured it out for the most part. I learned to do BT at a pretty strict place - so that helped.

Dude - the search is cool. But - I still don't think people are going to go for one big WMA file.

I agree.....But you can at least listen to it on your computer if you wish...........I did try bit torrent but I could not get the files to play on my computer......

After I save the shn file to a winamp folder and I drag it over to the player it won't play for me......What do I need to do to correct this?

I agree.....But you can at least listen to it on your computer if you wish...........I did try bit torrent but I could not get the files to play on my computer......

After I save the shn file to a winamp folder and I drag it over to the player it won't play for me......What do I need to do to correct this?

Latest version of the ShnAmp DLL for Winamp. Unzip this into your Winamp plugin directory. No installer, sorry!

I think you have to put in your Winamp plugin folder.

I have Windows XP, and I don't have any problems downloading anything.

My version of winamp won't let me convert the shn files unless I purchse winamp pro......What do you do after you load shn files into your winamp file?.......When I drag the shn file into the winamp play list I get nothing that will play......I tried to send the file to be converted into a flac file but got a message that I need winamp pro.....

My version of winamp won't let me convert the shn files unless I purchse winamp pro......What do you do after you load shn files into your winamp file?.......When I drag the shn file into the winamp play list I get nothing that will play......I tried to send the file to be converted into a flac file but got a message that I need winamp pro.....

SHN is like FLAC a compression tool - think of it as Winzip.

Maybe you want to stop and do some reading - and then try. Sometimes, you have to just keep at it - until you get it. At least, that is how I eventually figured this stuff out. Winamp is free - don't get fooled into buying the PRO version or whatever.

If you take some time to study what you find in the posted links, and then practice executing the instructions we are giving you, then you will be able to walk on the rice paper without tearing it up.

More useful links - since my blog is locked up.