Some recent shows........

Have a listen......Nothing special needed except windows media player.....these can be downloaded from this site as well......

Iowa, March 10......

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/_asxtela/Wilco20...DesMoinesIA.asx

Nashville, March 02.......

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/_asxtela/Wilco20...NashvilleTN.asx

New Haven, Feb. 24......

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/_asxtela/Wilco20...4NewHavenCT.asx

Chicago, Feb. 16........

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/_asxtela/Wilco20...erChicagoIL.asx

Chicago, Feb. 18.......

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/_asxtela/Wilco20...erChicagoIL.asx

I think that is talked about in this thread.

I am not sure why someone would need to mess with that dude's site - we have created our own Wilco Archive - why not just utilize that.

Also - some of the dates above the shows listed in the first post of this thread are wrong.

wow that is huge. My problem is I can't play flac files on this computer. Good old fashioned B&Ps may be the way I have to go in the future

I think that is talked about in this thread.

I am not sure why someone would need to mess with that dude's site - we have created our own Wilco Archive - why not just utilize that.

Also - some of the dates above the shows listed in the first post of this thread are wrong.

Don't know what's wrong with the dates......They are the dates provided by the original recorder posted at each link........I know the New Haven show is correct because I was there......Not all of us can play or download from the flac collection......Just spreading the music.......Don't be jealous or upset......I wouldn't care where I could hear these shows as long as I could hear them.....this is for the person who doesn't have the capability to download bit torrent/flac recordings.......I have tried for several weeks and nothing works for me......I don't need every show they have ever performed and this site provides me with just enough to make me contented.......I loaded a bit torrent program and was able to download the songs into my computer but they would never play for me........They wouldn't convert to files that would allow me to play them on my computer......The site I posted the shows from is just easier for me......I figured it might be easier for others who are having the same problems I am having.....They have some good Jeff Tweedy stuff posted there too......I originally came across that site looking for old Neil Young stuff which they have tons of......Peace

Don't know what's wrong with the dates......They are the dates provided by the original recorder posted at each link........I know the New Haven show is correct because I was there......Not all of us can play or download from the flac collection......Just spreading the music.......Don't be jealous or upset......I wouldn't care where I could hear these shows as long as I could hear them.....this is for the person who doesn't have the capability to download bit torrent/flac recordings.......I have tried for several weeks and nothing works for me......I don't need every show they have ever performed and this site provides me with just enough to make me contented.......I loaded a bit torrent program and was able to download the songs into my computer but they would never play for me........They wouldn't convert to files that would allow me to play them on my computer......The site I posted the shows from is just easier for me......I figured it might be easier for others who are having the same problems I am having.....They have some good Jeff Tweedy stuff posted there too......I originally came across that site looking for old Neil Young stuff which they have tons of......Peace

Grabbing shows from The Owl and The Bear is not BT - and I would think the files that dude has are bigger than FLAC files. Am I wrong? Plus - they are one big file, yes? Let me know. Plus - people seem to have no idea how to grab the stuff - I did not know how the other day - I know that much. We are going for Unity of Purpose here - and I feel like you are undermining and confusing the process. If people want to get shows, they should learn this stuff. That's what I was taught - anyhow.

Why not just put a link in your signature line - that leads to the Wilco shows in question. OR at least explain to people how they can download these shows - instead of starting new threads and leaving people hanging. If people can download yousendit files, they can download the Wilco shows at The Owl and The Bear. It is not hard to convert FLAC files to WAV or MP3 - it just takes effort. And - I was wrong about the dates - my bad, as the young people say.

What is FLAC?

FLAC Frontend

DB Power Amp

Ok - Here is the link to the how to page for sugarmegs.org

The files are WMA files.

Edited by Analogman

Start by clicking here.....

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/

Then click.....

__README_TO_DOWNLOAD.html

There are three menus of shows to choose from......

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/sugaree/

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/boxofrain/

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/darkstar/ These are the most recently added since 2006.....

Click the menu of choice to browse the shows in each and if you find something you like right click the show and save as to the folder you save your audio files to.......I then drag them to i-tunes and burn them from there......

I hope this helps you.......

By the way I forgot to mention to click the orange banner on the sites' home page to begin the process in the last post......

I personally have tried several times to figure out how to load the shows you post and have had no success.......I am not trying to confuse anyone......I am trying to give people like me who can't obtain your posted shows a chance to listen to some or download them as wave files if that is all they can do......I admit the site in question is a little confusing until you do it once or twice......

If people on this site do not want me to post links to shows let me know and I will stop......

By the way I forgot to mention to click the orange banner on the sites' home page to begin the process in the last post......

I personally have tried several times to figure out how to load the shows you post and have had no success.......I am not trying to confuse anyone......I am trying to give people like me who can't obtain your posted shows a chance to listen to some or download them as wave files if that is all they can do......I admit the site in question is a little confusing until you do it once or twice......

If people on this site do not want me to post links to shows let me know and I will stop......

the shows posted at the wilco archive, are the easiest things to obtain. all you need to do, is right click-->save file. simple as that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note to let those who could not access the shows in the first post of this thread earlier, that Pete has upgraded his server so you might want to give them another shot for a great group of shows.......

Question ~

How long would it take to download one large WMA file, break it into separate tracks, and then presumably convert those files into Mp3 files vs. downloading the tracks from The Wilco Archive and then converting them to Mp3 files?

OR is one expected to simply listen to the files via Windows Media Player and/or save the WMA file to their computer and listen to it using some other means?

I am curious -

You can just listen to the concert (stream).......which is the purpose for posting them originally.......I have downloaded whole concerts which come as one long track which take about 15-20 minutes depending on the length of the concert......I have never tried to break them down into separate tracks because I don't know how to......I then load the whole show to iTunes and burn it from there.......but I have downloaded Winamp to access your catalog of shows which I couldn't before because I have windows XP......You cannot download single tracks from this site (sugarmegs) from my experience though unless I am missing something......You have to take the whole concert........Most of the ones I download over 80 minutes seem to fit on the first CD without interuption to the the last song since the original taper usually puts them up on multiple disks and has configured them for time.......Once in awhile the last track bleeds over to the second CD when I burn them......I did download your Living Room show tack by track and it took me much longer than downloading one whole concert from the sugarmegs site......But it is about three hours long........Does this help?