Camera's in clubs during live acts....

I am seeing British Sea Power at the Triple Rock Social Club this weekend and I am wondering if I would be able to take a camera in to take photo's during their set.

Are most smaller venues fairly nonchalant about this, or what are the average policies? I looked on the website of the club and could not find any info. The only camera I have is a fairly expensive one so I don't want to lose it. I was thinking I could buy one of those disposable ones too, to take into the venue.

Let me know if you have any thoughts. Thanks, folks.

Most places tend to be fine with it as long as it's a small camera without a detachable lense. It depends on the artist's wishes, though, too. I saw Wilco and Bob Dylan at the same venue last summer within two days of each other. I was allowed to bring my camera in for Wilco, but they were confiscating cameras for Dylan. It's best to check ahead of time.

Yeah, I think I will call the club and see what they think.

Plus, with the smaller venue, I am HOPING that I will be able to meet them after the show, maybe get some stuff signed and pictures taken.....Yeah, it's cheesy, but I LOVE this band.

I am seeing British Sea Power at the Triple Rock Social Club this weekend and I am wondering if I would be able to take a camera in to take photo's during their set.

Are most smaller venues fairly nonchalant about this, or what are the average policies? I looked on the website of the club and could not find any info. The only camera I have is a fairly expensive one so I don't want to lose it. I was thinking I could buy one of those disposable ones too, to take into the venue.

Let me know if you have any thoughts. Thanks, folks.

During the show, turn off your flash if you can. The stage lights should be sufficient, and it can be distracting/annoying. Good luck!

Even if you don't know the policy, just don't be stupid about it and you should be fine. No flash (and if you are more than like 15 feet back, the flash isn't going to help you anyway). And if you do have a SLR with interchangeable lenses, just stick the body and a small 50mm lens in your coat pocket.

I tried calling Triple Rock Social Club and could not get an answer (the mailbox is full, is what is said). I sent an email but I doubt they will get back to me by 7am when we leave from here tomorrow. I think I might just grab one of those disposable digital cameras at a gas station on the way down. I don't know.

Why is it the older I get the more paranoid I become? Everything has to be worried about.

Fuck it, I will just bring it in and be cool about it. Worst case scenario, I have to buy a new camera. Best case scenario, I get some ass-kickin' photos during "Waving Flags" and maybe with the band later???????????????

This is a total generalization since I've never been to the club you're headed to, but the venues that seem the strictest with their camera policy are the big, showcase spaces. Smaller clubs don't tend to care for the most part and by all indications, neither does British Sea Power.

In addition to the wise tips posted above, here's one more: If you're feeling paranoid, save your shots until the encore or near the end of the show. That way, you'll probably have been able to determine the camera policy just by watching the other concertgoers. Also, you might be less likely to get busted with the concert drawing to a close.