I saw them at CMJ in '97. I thought they were fantastic. Then I saw them a year or two later in Atlanta and thought they sounded kind of generic/average. Maybe they were having a bad show (I suspect that happens a lot when bands come to Atlanta), or maybe they're a band I have to be in the right mood for. Either way, they can definitely deliver the goods.

I saw them at a place in Atlanta called the Point in 1998. The club was so small that their equipment was tucked in a corner on the floor by the stage while the opening bands played. I got to hand Sarah (Sara?) some of her drums before they played!

But yeah, I really dig their stuff. New Plastic Ideas is my favorite, and I love Fake Train.

I saw them at a place in Atlanta called the Point in 1998. The club was so small that their equipment was tucked in a corner on the floor by the stage while the opening bands played. I got to hand Sarah (Sara?) some of her drums before they played!

I was at that show.