Is Laminated Cat (Not for the Season) a Retired Song?

This song has always blown me away, whether it is Tweedy playing it solo, Wilco themselves or with Loose Fur. Hell The Minus 5 even played it. The one group that hasn't played it is the current lineup, and with the way the band has been playing their entire catalog lately I am surprised that they haven't even attempted this song. It's time for Tweedy and Co. to start giving me a thirty minute At least that's... > Laminated Cat > Spiders so that my mind can be fully blown.

I believe the current Wilco lineup has been trying to stick to playing actual Wilco songs - at least in the past few years. Being a Loose Fur song, officially, that sort of disqualifies Laminated Cat.

Not that I wouldn't love to hear them do it. Because I would. The closest I've come in the recent past are the versions Jeff did solo, accompanied by Glenn on the drums, and those were fantastic with just the two of them.

At least that's... > Laminated Cat > Spiders

While I agree that this would be awesome, I also think they are sticking to official Wilco songs. Plus, if it's not on the request song list (form) I highly doubt they will even consider playing it. Too bad.

I believe the current Wilco lineup has been trying to stick to playing actual Wilco songs - at least in the past few years. Being a Loose Fur song, officially, that sort of disqualifies Laminated Cat.

Not that I wouldn't love to hear them do it. Because I would. The closest I've come in the recent past are the versions Jeff did solo, accompanied by Glenn on the drums, and those were fantastic with just the two of them.

was just listening to it -great song.

> Do you have a recording of these three songs like this?

they havent been done in this sequence before. but someone could easily merge live versions of these together to hear how they'd sound. prefereble from 2003 live versions, although spiders will sound different to now

Thanks for the info Froggie. I thought the poster knew of a recording of ALTWYS playing into LC playing into Spiders. Maybe one day.... :ermm

Yeah, that would be cool. I did get a little ahead of myself, however, wilcobase does have the band playing those three songs during three shows towards the end of the '03 run. They're not in order but it seems as close as it's going to get. One of those shows, 6-28-03 from Penn's Landing in Philly is one of my favorite Wilco shows. (Could be what spurred this topic on for me)