Because it is a fucking personal belief that brings a lot of people a lot of joy. Can you please just shut the fuck up about it and stop questioning other peoplesbeliefs? God damn, man. What one person believes has nothing to do with your life, so just stop.

Live and let live.

And that

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does that have to do with 1970's climate change?

It has nothing directly to do with climate change.

However, the same blowhards, Limbaugh, Senator James Inhofe, etc, that spend hours discussing and legislating the absurdity of human influenced climate change, the year 1998, etc - are the same blowhards who will, two seconds later, remind you that same sex marriage is and should remain illegal because their religion tells them so

Well, I'm still undecided about climate change, and I'm almost 100% an atheist. Neither of the two have anything to do with anything.

I still don't get how climate change became a left v right thing. I don't see how it naturally fits into either philosophical belief.

It has nothing directly to do with climate change.

However, the same blowhards, Limbaugh, Senator James Inhofe, etc, that spend hours discussing and legislating the absurdity of human influenced climate change, the year 1998, etc - are the same blowhards who will, two seconds later, remind you that same sex marriage is and should remain illegal because their religion tells them so

Well, I'm still undecided about climate change, and I'm almost 100% an atheist. Neither of the two have anything to do with anything.

I still don't get how climate change became a left v right thing. I don't see how it naturally fits into either philosophical belief.

I agree, I don

When they start saying that climate change is a falsehood because the Bible says climate change is an abomination, your anti-religion argument will be relevant to this thread.

Google it, you'd be surprised.

Here's a start:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=58513

I love how you paint yourself to be so enlightened and open minded and then you paint with such a broad fucking stroke regarding religion. The hypocrisy is so delicious, but there's just so much of it, I don't think I can have another bite...

I call bullshit, like, so bad on this. For real.

Which part, deforestation, soil erosion, over-fishing, pollution, species extinction, habit loss, loss of biodiversity, etc..etc..etc

I love how you paint yourself to be so enlightened and open minded and then you paint with such a broad fucking stroke regarding religion. The hypocrisy is so delicious, but there's just so much of it, I don't think I can have another bite...

I

How the hell should I know? I am just a journalist. I got a decent grade on my Earth Science Regents in fucking 1982. The only thing any of us who do not hold degrees in climatology can point to is how many people with degrees in climatology think the climate is changing, and trust them. Believe me, my friends, it is a lot more likely that we don't have any more than the standard 50-50 chance of being right than there's a whole cabal of scientists trying to make it so people turn out the lights and not buy SUVs.

Why must the two be mutually exclusive?

The climate and the environment share a symbiotic relationship - are part of the same system - effect one, and you effect the other.

Yes, but what's important is how much our effect on the environment actually affects the climate. If you're talking about passing all kinds of laws and regulations (which all have high costs associated with them) to protect the environment, you can't just make some vague claim that we affect the environment. The global climate is a very complex system that's in constant flux. Maybe our actions modify it, but it's also possible that the effects of solar cycles vastly outweigh anything that we do. Further complicating the situation is the fact that warming oceans actually release CO2, meaning that the rising CO2 levels in the atmosphere may actually be the result rather than the cause of global warming.

Yes, but what's important is how much our effect on the environment actually affects the climate. If you're talking about passing all kinds of laws and regulations (which all have high costs associated with them) to protect the environment, you can't just make some vague claim that we affect the environment. The global climate is a very complex system that's in constant flux. Maybe our actions modify it, but it's also possible that the effects of solar cycles vastly outweigh anything that we do. Further complicating the situation is the fact that warming oceans actually release CO2, meaning that the rising CO2 levels in the atmosphere may actually be the result rather than the cause of global warming.

Who is making vague claims? The IPCC? I wouldn