Favorite album(s) by....

A list of favorite Kinks albums without "Muswell Hillbillies" can be perceived as inaccurate.

That's the one that is nipping at the heels of my #5. And on any other given day could be my number 3 or so.

Or, just not respond to the threads that they find repetitive.

:poke

Someone should start a new thread about The Band - this place is like Groundhog Day.

No shit!!!

Or Neil Young. Or Dylan. Or The Stones. Or The Who.

I rewatched "the Kids Are Alright" the other night and except for the fact that Ray Davies is a hell of a songwriter, the Who blow the Kinks out of the water in just about every other respect.

LouieB

Or, just not respond to the threads that they find repetitive.

:poke

Dude - If you had seen these threads as many times as I have since August 2002, you would probably feel the same way.

Now - you should notice that I have not linked to the two Kinks threads I found from not to long ago - you do what you want - I was just saying that some of this stuff goes round and round.

Dude - If you had seen these threads as many times as I have since August 2002, you would probably feel the same way.

Now - you should notice that I have not linked to the two Kinks threads I found from not to long ago - you do what you want - I was just saying that some of this stuff goes round and round.

I'm sure it does.

Notice the little smiley guy poking you; that means that I'm teasing you back in good fun.

I'm sure that it does go around like this, but I wasn't here in '02 and so I'm starting this new series. If it gets no response (or only annoyed responses), I'll stop it.

But we're music geeks, lists are our lifeblood. I have other bands in mind for the series, too.

At another board, someone started a "best albums of (year)" thread series that was a lot of fun.

I'm sure it does.

Notice the little smiley guy poking you; that means that I'm teasing you back in good fun.

I'm sure that it does go around like this, but I wasn't here in '02 and so I'm starting this new series. If it gets no response (or only annoyed responses), I'll stop it.

But we're music geeks, lists are our lifeblood. I have other bands in mind for the series, too.

At another board, someone started a "best albums of (year)" thread series that was a lot of fun.

Carry on my thread starting son, people will post in your thread when I am done.

Lola versus Powerman and the Moneygoround, Part One was the album that first made me adore the Kinks, so it would be hard for me to give it anything but #1.

So with that in mind, my list would probably look something like this:

1. Lola versus Powerman and the Moneygoround, Part One

2. Something Else

3. Village Green Preservation Society

4. Muswell Hillbillies

5. Misfits

...but also rotating Arthur, Face to Face, and The Kink Kontroversy into that list from time to time...