American Hegemony Is Not Guaranteed

There are other less dramatic scenarios. Why does the US assume that only it can initiate aggression, boycotts, freezes on financial assets of other countries and bans on foreign banks from participation in the international banking system? If the rest of the world were to tire of American aggression or to develop a moral conscience, it would be easy to organize a boycott of America and to ban US banks from participating in the international banking system. Such a boycott would be especially effective at the present time with the balance sheets of US banks impaired by subprime derivatives and the US government dependent on foreign loans in order to finance its day-to-day activities.

Sooner or later it will occur to other countries that putting up with America is a habit that they don

Source?

Paul Craig Roberts [send him mail] a former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury and former associate editor of the Wall Street Journal, has been reporting shocking cases of prosecutorial abuse for two decades. A new edition of his book, The Tyranny of Good Intentions, co-authored with Lawrence Stratton, a documented account of how Americans lost the protection of law, has just been released by Random House.

The article already had a name attached but yea this is who wrote it. I dont realy get the Michale Jackson with breats photo, funny thoygh

So, when are we all going to die?

In my opinion there wont be a "all going to die" scenario, I think the world is in for a change and that optimism is not insane.

At the same time denial isnt going to get us there and I mean that in genral not towards you comments.

Do you have a link to this article online?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts244.html

If Iran actually attacked the U.S. fleet, I would not give a plugged nickel for the life of every man, woman and child in that country.

Do you have a version cleaned of the unnecessary rhetoric?

nope lol I was actually going to put warning anti goverment rheroric in the title but I thought that would make up to many minds.

I think the article is intresting none the less. The reason I posted it was because it shook me at first and I know their are politicaly inteligent people on this board

so I figured I could gain some perspective. I hate being trapped in my own head when I read stuff on this scale.

I dunno. This is kind of like bathroom whacking-off material for self-hating Americans, isn't it?

I dunno. This is kind of like bathroom whacking-off material for self-hating Americans, isn't it?

granted, and maybe the hypatheticals offered in this article cater to that audience but that dosent change the facts.

which most importantly are that the current administation and many of its supporters are tying up america in unessary conflicts and are provoking more of the same.

I think the point that this article makes is that eventualy the consequences will arise and that is inevitable pending dramatic change.

granted, and maybe the hypatheticals offered in this article cater to that audience but that dosent change the facts.

which most importantly are that the current administation and many of its supporters are tying up america in unessary conflicts and are provoking more of the same.

I think the point that this article makes is that eventualy the consequences will arise and that is inevitable pending dramatic change.

Well, the U.S. has certainly stepped in it before, and will again, but let me posit this - if we get caught in between a dwindling oil supply and the post-oil energy world, would a militarily protected share of increasingly scarce oil seem like such a bad idea?

Well, the U.S. has certainly stepped in it before, and will again, but let me posit this - if we get caught in between a dwindling oil supply and the post-oil energy world, would a militarily protected share of increasingly scarce oil seem like such a bad idea?

yea I think you got it right, and its a great idea from the neocon perspective Im sure thats the way they look at it.

BUTT... Im guessing your asuming that they would pump that money into the american economy when reality is they havent and they wont.

Its all corpate ownership from here on out and those corprate types dont care about soverignty or America clearly.

as far as my opinion on whether its a bad idea yes I think its a terrible idea to lie about threats from a country invade and kill hundreads of thousands of human beings.

very terible

yea I think you got it right, and its a great idea from the neocon perspective Im sure thats the way they look at it.

BUTT... Im guessing your asuming that they would pump that money into the american economy when reality is they havent and they wont.

Its all corpate ownership from here on out and those corprate types dont care about soverignty or America clearly.

as far as my opinion on whether its a bad idea yes I think its a terrible idea to lie about threats from a country invade and kill hundreads of thousands of human beings.

very terible

I agree - besides its deep immorality, Iraq was a strategic blunder. There were other ways to achieve our goals in that region, and with the money we've spent and are going to spend on that war, we could build a nuclear power plant in every state of the Union. :thumbup