The Photos from WilcoWorld.net

I am wondering if (sorry if this has been posted) the photos from the website (which are always updated) have been ripped off the site and posted elsewhere?

I can't seemed to copy them off the site. Id like a few for desktop wallpapers.

I hope screen caps aren't the only way to get those shots.

Thanks

I always figured that when photos were posted like that online, it was done with the intent of preventing people from (easily) capturing them. After all, copyright protections would apply to photos as well as to ripping songs.

I do realize that you can go to iTunes to buy the music you'd otherwise download illegally so there seems to be more of a stigma attached. It doesnt seem that you can even buy those photos if you wanted to do so. In fact, I've even reached out to the photographer by email asking if I could buy some of the photos and never even heard back. So, I am bummed, but I am living with the disappointment.

The photos up on WilcoWorld are in Flash both for protection issues as well as viewing convenience. Each of us own the rights to our own work. That being said, I don't mind personal use such as Desktop or Screensaver, though I frown on distribution w/o permission. I occasionally offer prints for sale to those who request them. If I didn't reply once, I apologize. Like most of us, Wilco is for fun and real work sometimes interferes. I don't recommend screen captures mainly because the image resolution at WilcoWorld is only 600 x 900 pix, not good enough to fill the screen on even the smallest of laptops.

I could put together a small collection of images in various screen resolutions for desktop use. Of course, it would be difficult to respond to masses of individuals each requesting a personal favorite. As far as gallery images for sale, contact me directly for info on that. Warning....they won't be cheap. I'll only offer archival inkjet prints, custom made up to 17 x 22 (will be the same price, no matter the size). If there seems to be enough interest, I'll make some desktop images available for download. Let me know what you think about that.

Here's an overwhelmingly large edit from the Residency. This presents each night as it's own gallery. Many, but certainly not all, of these are up in the Photo section at WilcoWorld.

Hope this is of some use, contact me directly if you're interested in gallery prints.

Charles

For what it's worth, I did the screen capture and cropped it for wallpaper for my computer at home, and it doesn't look nearly as good as the picture did online. I don't blame WW for posting the pictures as a slideshow--so many talented photographers have shared their work, and I can understand why they don't want people just saving their pictures and posting them all over the place online.