ACL Festival lineup

Did y'all have a good fest? I love ACL :)

Highlights this year were the DBT ACL taping and the Band of Horses aftershow at the Parish. Lately they're playing a cover of a Them Two tune called "Am I A Good Man?" that appeared on one of those Eccentric Soul compilations. It's greatness.

I thought Fleet Foxes put on a good festival set despite repeatedly claiming during the set that they're not a festival band! And I enjoyed Stars as well.

I did have a great time! Seeing David Byrne was great and probably the highlight for me. I also really enjoyed Man Man's set especially for seeing the confused looks on much of the crowd's faces. Did take advantage and went stage side for a few sets, but the sound pretty much blows and as a result only the large shows (AT&T and AMD stages basically) are worth it and you have to get there way early to get those spots. It was really dusty at the Fest too.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are couple pictures. I didn't take too many of the bands (and I'm sure no one wants to see a bunch of pictures of me, my friends and family :lol ), but I like these two:

Man Man... great show!

gallery_229_88_76690.jpg

A different perspective:

gallery_229_88_11134.jpg