Tanglewood Presale?

I cannot believe this. For the past 2 1/2 years I've been working literally directly across the street from Tanglewood. I just recently decided to move back to California in 6 weeks and then Wilco is booked to play Tanglewood in August. Ridiculous! Oh well, at least I got my tickets for Outside Lands festival already, but come on, Tanglewood?

To tell the truth, Wilco is one of the last bands that I would figure to play at Tanglewood. Aside from the annual James Taylor concert, it's mostly just Western Classical music played by the Boston Symphony Orchestra or the Boston Philharmonics. And then every 4th of July they get like a Leann Rimes or the New Cars, but Wilco, never thought it would happen.

Enjoy to all who can go. It is a great time of the year in the Berkshires

Section 1.....row J......right in the middle.....Went on at 10 AM.....no problems.....

Me too...seats 13 & 14. Are we next to each other?!?

Hello Everyone, new to this board. I saw Wilco close out Voodoo Fest and they were amazing. I've been itching to see them again so I just bought tix to Tanglewood. Section 7, Row L. They look decent, i hope at least.

What do y'all know about this venue? Is there any good camping around?

I cannot believe this. For the past 2 1/2 years I've been working literally directly across the street from Tanglewood. I just recently decided to move back to California in 6 weeks and then Wilco is booked to play Tanglewood in August. Ridiculous! Oh well, at least I got my tickets for Outside Lands festival already, but come on, Tanglewood?

To tell the truth, Wilco is one of the last bands that I would figure to play at Tanglewood. Aside from the annual James Taylor concert, it's mostly just Western Classical music played by the Boston Symphony Orchestra or the Boston Philharmonics. And then every 4th of July they get like a Leann Rimes or the New Cars, but Wilco, never thought it would happen.

Enjoy to all who can go. It is a great time of the year in the Berkshires

Would you care to make accomodation recomendations?

Would you care to make accomodation recomendations?

Everything in the area is going to be through the roof for pricing. This is in the thick of the tourism season up here and because of Tanglewood and the BSO everything is expensive and goes quickly. There are a ton of Bed + Breakfasts and Inns and variety of places to stay, but from what I know, all are a pretty penny.

If you've got the money, I'd check out the Apple Tree Inn which is the only accommodation that is within a 5 minute walk. Also, motels in Pittsfield will be cheaper than anything in Lenox, Stockbridge, or Lee. But to tell the truth, I've never stayed anywhere here so I don't know for sure. If your in for some Berkshire history, there is the Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge. It's also possible to book a room for the night at the yoga center where I work (kripalu.org) and you can have your meals, hot tub, sauna, yoga classes included. This will also be fairly expensive, but is also only a 5 minute walk from Tanglewood.

If you're into it I'd recommend camping in Beartown St. Park which is about 15 minutes away. This will definitely be your cheapest option.

Let me know if you've got any other questions about the area.

I was planning on staying with a friend who lives in Northampton and coming to the show with him, but as it turns out, he'll be out of town that week. He offered me his place, but it seems silly to drive an extra two hours roundtrip, so I'm probably just going to stay somewhere around there for the night. I'm probalby going to try to find a place and book a room fairly soon, since I know it's a touristy area and it could be tough finding an affordable place later.

One of the things I love about Tanglewood is that you can bring your own food and drinks in. I'm not sure what their policies about bringing things into the shed will be, though. I don't remember seeing vendors when I was there, but I wasn't looking for them, either. I'd suggest bringing a small picnic basket or cooler. You can have exactly what you want, and it will be a lot cheaper than what they'd be selling if there is food and drinks for sale.

Surely it's a typo. I may not be able to log in for the presale, so I might just wait and try my luck Friday in the general sale. I have a friend who lives very close to Tanglewood and goes there quite a bit. It will be reserved seating in the front (under the "shed" part of the "Music Shed") with plenty of lawn seating behind. In the past, he's said they put up video screens, and Tanglewood usually lets you bring food and drinks in. I saw the symphony there a few years ago, and it's really a lovely place. I can't wait to go back.

I'm a little disappointed they're not playing the Pines again, especially with the mediocre schedule they've announced so far for the summer. I'm holding out a tiny bit of hope that they might announce an August 10 show there. It probably won't happen, but it would be terrific if it did.

SOOO agree - the PINES, so sad to not see them there again. It was such a great venue -