Tanglewood Presale?

So, WilcoWorld is saying presale starts August 21 and since the concert is August 12, this seems pretty unlikely. I was assuming that is was a typo and meant April 21 (TOMORROW!). I checked MusicToday and it doesn't even have it listed. Any intell? Anyone?

yes, it looks like Tanglewood is it. The only acts scheduled for the Pines so far is Melissa Etheridge and Ani DiFranco. I always said I would see anyone at the Pines even if I didn't like them. But I'm skipping both of those.

So, WilcoWorld is saying presale starts August 21 and since the concert is August 12, this seems pretty unlikely. I was assuming that is was a typo and meant April 21 (TOMORROW!). I checked MusicToday and it doesn't even have it listed. Any intell? Anyone?

I noticed that, too. Since it says general tickets are on sale at Tanglewood.org on August 25, and it is really April 25, I'm going to try for the Music Today presale tomorrow morning anyway.

I noticed that, too. Since it says general tickets are on sale at Tanglewood.org on August 25, and it is really April 25, I'm going to try for the Music Today presale tomorrow morning anyway.

Me too, but it concerns me that the show isn't listed on the MusicToday site. According to the Tanglewood site, they are on general sale on Wednesday. I wonder if subscription owners get first dibs too? Unfortunately, my friends are too lowbrow to belong to Tanglewood. :lol

Surely it's a typo. I may not be able to log in for the presale, so I might just wait and try my luck Friday in the general sale. I have a friend who lives very close to Tanglewood and goes there quite a bit. It will be reserved seating in the front (under the "shed" part of the "Music Shed") with plenty of lawn seating behind. In the past, he's said they put up video screens, and Tanglewood usually lets you bring food and drinks in. I saw the symphony there a few years ago, and it's really a lovely place. I can't wait to go back.

I'm a little disappointed they're not playing the Pines again, especially with the mediocre schedule they've announced so far for the summer. I'm holding out a tiny bit of hope that they might announce an August 10 show there. It probably won't happen, but it would be terrific if it did.

I was on the lawn when I was there a few years ago. I couldn't see anything, and we weren't that far back. I was able to walk to a place where I could at least take a peek at the stage, but I'm not sure how tightly packed the crowd will be. I'm definitely going to try for a seat, but Wilco while spread out on a blanket under the stars isn't the end of the world, either.

I don't think season ticket holders get first crack at tickets, but I'm not 100% sure.

Section 1, row F :dancing

Raspberry Jam, I also ended up buying a ticket on Nels's side, section 3, row L. I might have a friend who wants it, but if not, I'll be putting it up for grabs here. I'll give you first crack at it if you want. That's actually the ticket I bought first, then I figured I'd check one last time and managed to pull up the one in section 1.

There are still good seats coming up now. It's nice to see a presale not selling out immediately.

YES!!!! Section 4, Row G, seats 11&12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for the truly bizarre part of my Wilco day.

I've seen one show before (Cleveland). So as I do my little "I've got tickets" dance, one of the students we have in house today mentions that she has seen Wilco once before. In Cleveland. In the same row I was in. Given that Cleveland is a 4

wondering why the Wilmington presale has not shown up on the Music Today site.

But the NY show which is after it has.

yeah, i know but the tanglewood didn't show up till the last minute also so i'm not too worried about it.