Somebody get this man copies of I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight and Shoot Out the Lights, stat!

I'll have to get that eventfully. Richard has a nice website - with lyrics to all the songs.

The book I read made Trevor out to be somewhat like Richard Farina - a person who latched onto a famous talented woman, married them, and then used them for their own artistic endeavors.

Favorite Fairport Conv. albums?

I will go on record with a strong lean towards Unhalfbricking. Still haven't heard the one named something like 'On Our Summer Holiday'. Lieg and Lief is good but Unhalfbricking seems to be the masterpiece.

her The North Star Grassman and the Ravens album is as good as any Fairport album (well, maybe not Leige & Leif, but you get what I'm saying I hope) and also Fotheringay is equally as good. I'd get Fotheringay while you still can (even though it's not too cheap) cos it looks like it's about to shoot up in price as it's out of print. i might upload a song from each in a bit - just for anyone interested, so as to sample them.

also - the question is: did she fall or was she pushed?

Thanks for the recommendations. I've added some of those to my Amazon wish list and will buy some next time I make a purchase. Sometimes I see Fotheringay albums in the dollar bin at a local record store***. I recently read "White Bicycles", which has a lot of stories about Denny/Fairport/Fotheringay, so I'm super motivated to get more of her stuff.

***EDIT: I might be mistaken on this. I probably actually saw Lindisfarne records in the dollar bin. I'm pretty sure I've never seen this record:

fotheringay_album.jpg

Is this the only Fotheringay album?

I will go on record with a strong lean towards Unhalfbricking. [...] Lieg and Lief is good but Unhalfbricking seems to be the masterpiece.

I agree.

Liege and Lief is a fantastic record, but I slightly prefer Unhalfbricking. What We Did On Our Holidays is pretty good too.

The self-titled debut is also quite strong, but doesn't feature Sandy Denny.

It's also worth picking up Heyday, which is a collection of radio sessions from the Sandy Denny years.

The other thing to listen for, throughout all of these records, is the guitar work of the young Richard Thompson. :yes

***EDIT: I might be mistaken on this. I probably actually saw Lindisfarne records in the dollar bin. I'm pretty sure I've never seen this record:

fotheringay_album.jpg

yeah, that's it. and as i said, it's kind of oop although traders on amazon and ebay do have it, and probably some shops, but if that stops being the case - which it will do fairly soon - i'd imagine the price will shoot up, and it's really worth having - one of my favourite british folk albums (and i do have a lot of them). don't bother with lindisfarne!

fotheringay_album.jpg

I hava a vinyl copy I got not so long ago for only a few bucks.

One of these albums is all they needed to release...

LouieB