.... to post for sale stuff? I'm selling off a big chunk of my vinyl collection and thought some of you guys might want to take a look. But I wasn't sure where to post 'em or if there were any rules about that type of thing. :unsure

I don't think people knew that - or did they? I was thinking about this when you took down some videos the other day. I never knew that was not allowed. Maybe you guys could put that in the pinned thread with the other things are not suppose to be posted.

OK, I started thinking about this after I initially said no, because I know we (mods/admins) have talked about people selling stuff on VC before and so I searched around for some sort of precedence, and A-man intervened here before I got my post edited.

But A-Man correctly points out, nothing's written as rules per se.

So for now, we are "taking it to the backroom" and figuring out what is OK and not OK to sell at VC. So hold tight (like give it over the weekend at least!) The above post is not deleted, it's just temporarily invisible until we get the lowdown.

I am not trying to run the show - I know that is not my job. I was just thinking - people need to know what's allowed and what is not. I have never seen any videos taken down here - Wilco videos that is, so I was just curious.

Also - people post links to their music all the time - presumably, it will be in a form that they will want you to purchase at some point. So there is that to consider too.

No problem at all, mike. I know exactly what you are saying, and you are absolutely right. There's no policy manual! :lol And there is a lot to consider, so give the mods/admins time.

As for the videos, way back at the time of the Wilco/Flaming Lips NYE show at MSG, I offered to post some of my videos in the "After The Show" thread, and I was told I should not by Donna. So that's what I was going on.

I'll just lock this thread for now, someone will report back later! :) Thanks all.

Here's the policy: No, it is not allowed to advertise anything for sale on Via Chicago.*

However, there is no reason that a member can't contact friends on the board by private message if he/she thinks his/her friends might be interested in buying the vinyl albums he/she wishes to sell. Please, keep such pm's confined to your friends, and don't pm people you don't know.

*With the obvious exception of the ticket exchange forums.