Raconteurs, Justice Anchor Treasure Island Festival

The Raconteurs

May 21, 2008, 10:30 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

The Raconteurs and Justice will headline the second Treasure Island Music Festival, to be held Sept. 20-21 on the titular island in San Francisco Bay. The event is spearheaded by the team behind San Francisco's Noise Pop Festival as well as area promoter Another Planet Entertainment.

Justice anchors the bill on night one, alongside TV On The Radio, Goldfrapp, Hot Chip, CSS, Antibalas, Aesop Rock, Amon Tobin, Foals, Mike Relm and Nortec: Bostich + Fussible.

The Raconteurs headline on Sept. 21, with Tegan & Sara, Vampire Weekend, Spiritualized, Okkervil River, Tokyo Police Club, the Kills, Dr. Dog, John Vanderslice and Fleet Foxes supporting.

Organizers are providing complimentary biodiesel bus transport from San Francisco. For ticket information, visit TreasureIslandFestival.com.

The rest of the bands.

http://www.apeconcerts.com/index.cfm

I went to one day of this last year, and loved it. They just announced the line-up for this year:

Saturday, September 20, 2008: Justice :: TV on the Radio :: Goldfrapp :: Hot Chip :: CSS :: Antbalas :: Aesop Rock :: Amon Tobin and more

Sunday, September 21, 2008: The Raconteurs :: Tegan & Sara :: Vampire Weekend :: Spiritualized :: Okkervil River :: The Kills :: Tokyo Police Club :: Dr. Dog and more

It's a beautiful setting, and was really well-run last year. Here are my pics from that day: http://www.flickr.com/photos/maudiemc/sets...57602048096018/

D'oh! I would have scrolled further if I weren't on my way to catch a plane! I will say though, that I searched for "treasure" in this forum, and came up with nothing. :hmm So I blame the search function. And society.

You guys should get someone with authority to merge the threads.

Oh, the indignity!

In my first-ever band, our singer wanted to name the band "Justice".

His name was Mike Justice.

Singers...

That's one of the reasons I posted this - I mean, I don't listen to any of those bands. I saw some photos on Flickr a while back of some of the buildings - are they all gone now?

A set here.

The bowling alley.

The huger buildings are used as soundstages now, for movies/TV shows that are filmed locally. My nephew plays baseball out there every week, SF Little League has some really nice fields. And there are some people living out there, but much of the island just feels deserted most of the time. It's supposed to be "developed" at some point, with hotels, recreation areas, etc., but it looks like one of those typical SF deals that's going to take 30 (more) years to actually get anywhere.

Sunday looks awesome. Saturday looks meh.

Last year, Saturday was supposed to be electronic/dance stuff, and Sunday was the poppier day.

The official (for now) line-up:

treasureisland2008admat.gif

I wouldn't pretend to be as "hip" or "with it" as many on this board, but I think I am rightfully confused by the fact that Saturday is headlined by a band I've never heard of, while at least two recognizable names sit below "Justice." Huh?

The huger buildings are used as soundstages now, for movies/TV shows that are filmed locally. My nephew plays baseball out there every week, SF Little League has some really nice fields. And there are some people living out there, but much of the island just feels deserted most of the time. It's supposed to be "developed" at some point, with hotels, recreation areas, etc., but it looks like one of those typical SF

There are also some toxic waste sites around there - I think I read that somewhere. There is a photo on Flickr (that I could not find yesterday) of the building I stayed in. Sometimes, I get that place confused with Mare Island - which I also spent time on.

I wouldn't pretend to be as "hip" or "with it" as many on this board, but I think I am rightfully confused by the fact that Saturday is headlined by a band I've never heard of, while at least two recognizable names sit below "Justice." Huh?

My thoughts exactly. Sunday appears to have 7 or 8 bands that I would love to see while Saturday has none.

There are also some toxic waste sites around there - I think I read that somewhere. There is a photo on Flickr (that I could not find yesterday) of the building I stayed in. Sometimes, I get that place confused with Mare Island - which I also spent time on.

Yeah, Mare Island was also decommissioned. And were you ever at Hunters Point? That's also got development stuff in constant discussion (currently by the same group that's working on TI), but the clean-up out there is going to be a monster.

OK, this has definitely taken a turn away from Someone Else's Song territory. :lol

Yeah, Mare Island was also decommissioned. And were you ever at Hunters Point? That's also got development stuff in constant discussion (currently by the same group that's working on TI), but the clean-up out there is going to be a monster.

OK, this has definitely taken a turn away from Someone Else's Song territory. :lol

Yes, sorry. I think I have been there. I hope to make out there again someday.