i was surprised there wasn't a thread already.

i enjoy them a ton, and can't wait to see them this summer at pitchfork.

discuss

One of the few bands to play Pitchfork twice. Take your earplugs.....and see you there.

LouieB

I've seen them a few times since they got back together (including opening for Wilco after Sonic Youth canceled) and they have been great shows.

They are playing a couple of shows in Boston in June that unfortunately I can't see: the first night they are playing Signals, Calls, and Marches and the next night they are playing Vs.

Pretty sure there's been an MoB thread here before.

Anyway, definately one of my favorite bands of all time. Still put out great albums and putting on great shows. I think that if there was one band from rock history that I could have been in, it would be either Mission of Burma or X.

I've seen them a few times since they got back together (including opening for Wilco after Sonic Youth canceled) and they have been great shows.

They are playing a couple of shows in Boston in June that unfortunately I can't see: the first night they are playing Signals, Calls, and Marches and the next night they are playing Vs.

I saw them open for Wilco as well. I went out and bought the Ryko versions of the cds, but eventually traded them in. I bought the Matador version of Horrible Truth tonight and thought the mastering and mixing were fantastic. I haven't had a chance to watch the dvd all the way through yet though. I saw they're playing the black cat in July (on a sunday). I might have to try to catch this show.