Uptown Theater in Kansas City

I'm going to see Sigur Ros there next week and just want to know what to expect. There are no seats in the theater area, but I've read that sometimes they'll set up chairs for shows. Should I expect to be standing throughout a Sigur Ros gig (kinda odd)? Also, is the neighborhood kosher? I've only been to KC once before and it was not in this area.

I'll be there with my son. Looking forward to it.

The Uptown is an old theater, and for GA shows the floor is (usually) standing and the balcony is seated. Though when I saw Tom Waits there in 1981 we all had little cabaret tables with lamps. (Can that be real?) Each show is different, but I don't think reserved balcony seats were sold. The first couple of rows of the balcony are good seats. If you want to sit, get there early and head up the stairs.

Neighborhood? It's in between the Plaza/Westport and downtown so it's pretty urban. Many good places to eat along the Broadway corridor. Just mind your ps and qs and you'll be OK.

My first time to see them, and my son has seen them twice (once in Denmark). He's a pretty big fan boy. I'll be interested to see how they recreate their sound on stage.

I'm going to see Sigur Ros there next week and just want to know what to expect. There are no seats in the theater area, but I've read that sometimes they'll set up chairs for shows. Should I expect to be standing throughout a Sigur Ros gig (kinda odd)? Also, is the neighborhood kosher? I've only been to KC once before and it was not in this area.

I am from Kc and live nearby. You are in a good spot..give or take 3 streets around Uptown. Just make sure to lock your car and park closer to Westport side. Some nice homes around there..but some weirdos walk the streets @ night.

U must go to Chubby's on Broadway after the show. Right across the street from the Uptown, Open 24/7.

I saw Bill Marr last time I was there.Lots of seating..and a seperate bar area. Any questions let me help!

A show I saw there last summer was "seated" on the floor...which was basically rows of metal folding chairs. (Needless to say they didn't stay in rows when everyone rushed the stage. LOL)

Enjoy the show! This place, 75th Street Brewery, is only about 5 miles south from there...haven't been there in a few years, but used to really enjoy their beer and food back in the day, just an FYI.

75th Street Brewery, is only about 5 miles south from there....

Great brewery! My sil lives nearby so me and Fatheadfred enjoy some brews there quite often. You should have a hancrafted rootbeer! My fav local ales right now are MUDDY MO' STOUT & ROYAL RASPBERRY WHEAT.