Pedal not working, help needed

My Proco Rat 2 pedal stopped working this week, and I have no idea why. I changed the battery, the red indicator light still comes on when I hit the switch, but nothing. No sound when its on, no sound when its off. Guitar, amp, and cables all seem fine (I can sub other pedals in the rat's place and they all work fine too).

Any ideas what could be the problem? I really don't wanna have to buy another one of these...

yea sounds like bad wire to jack or bad jack...should be an easy fix...if your not clumsy you should be able to unscrew the retainers and open the pedal without damaging it, and check the wires going to each jack, and whether the cable tip makes proper contact with the jack, although if the circuit turns the light on, you should have good contact with the sleeve...

post pics here or send me pics and i can help diagnose it

j

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, I have the same promlem with my wah and compression pedals, I really think the things need a good cleaning and check up. They work only at certain settings and I rarely ever use them............and I'm slacking on all my electronics, I'm back in acoustic mode full blown.

I would say fiddle with it and see what happens. Fine with pedals and such but never tinker with amps until you feel comfortable. You can die! Good luck.

You might try getting some Deoxit and spraying that in there. That stuff can make old pots sound new, and do a great job of cleaning electrical connections. Might be a good alternative to taking the thing apart.