MLB 2008 Part 3, Take 2

This is all sound and fury. There will be no trade. Manny will settle down. We will have forgotten about all this by next week.

It's quite possible as we've been through similar things at the trade deadline before with him. Honestly though, I don't see how he stays with some of the spew coming out of his mouth. However, I can see him staying if Bay isn't involved somehow. The FO aren't foolish.

In short: who the fuck knows?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will get all cute and shruggy and whill just say "i'm just being me, man, manny being manny" and everyone forgives him until it happens again. Dragging the fans into this, though...not sure that's forgivable. I don't care what the FO is doing--smear campaign, blocking trades, whatever. if he wants to go, just go, dude, enough already. I gots no time for the diva player. ESPN and I have the rest of the country to convince of the Red Sox greatness. This is a distraction.

Red Sox, Pirates, Marlins blockbuster looking more likely

As reported by MLB.com's Joe Frisaro earlier this evening, the Pirates, Red Sox and Marlins appear to be moving closer to making a blockbuster trade that would send Jason Bay to Boston, Jeremy Hermida to Pittsburgh and Manny Ramirez to Florida.

Multiple baseball sources have confirmed that the three teams remain in dialogue, and according to a report by the Beaver County Times' John Perrotto, a deal could be done as early as this evening.

There is also confirmation that other players would also be involved in such a deal -- that could include the Pirates receiving a Minor Leaguer from the Red Sox farm system.

This trade would obviously make sense for the Red Sox, as they would be able to deal the unhappy Ramirez for a left fielder that has similar offensive numbers. Ramirez, who lives in south Florida, would likely waive his no-trade clause to move home for two months.

The deal would make sense for the Pirates, who would land a replacement outfielder - Hermida - who will not be a free agent until 2011. Bay is currently under contract for just one more year.

And the Marlins, who are in the thick of the NL East race, have shown in the past that they are willing to mortgage some of their future for the chance to win it now.

-- Jenifer Langosch

And apparently the 3 team deal with hermida in Pitt, manny here, and bay in boston (plus all kinds of shit all3 ways) has been sent to the commish for approval.

Yeah

Will Carroll of Baseball Prospectus says the Red Sox, Pirates and Marlins have agreed to a three-team Manny Ramirez deal, pending Ramirez waiving his no-trade clause and league approval.

Carroll, not normally one of our preferred sources, has the Red Sox getting Jason Bay and John Grabow; the Marlins acquiring Ramirez, cash and a prospect from the Red Sox and the Pirates picking up Jeremy Hermida, two prospects from the Marlins and one from Boston

Haa - kinda like this:

-9:52 EDT, as of now the deal appears to have fallen apart. The main sticking point, as reported earlier has been the inclusion of Mike Stanton in the deal. The Marlins are refusing to part with him, and the Red Sox are demanding him. The good thing, is that because the talks of this deal were initiated so early, it allows for some nuance to occur between now and the deadline. Hopefully, they resolve the situation.

And this:

The Manny Ramirez trade conversations are expected to continue into Thursday, according to a source. Because it's a very complicated deal, involving a player who has the right to veto the trade and other parts, it is still unlikely to happen. But the negotiations will go on.

I love the trade deadline.

This will really drive a wedge between Mets fans and Red Sox fans, you know.

but why get Manny for 2 months, he won't want to stay in Fla

cause even if the marlins won the world series this year, they would just blow up the team anyways, and then win again 2-4 years later.

And from that mlblogs article: "There is also confirmation that other players would also be involved in such a deal -- that could include the Pirates receiving a Minor Leaguer from the Red Sox farm system." So manny & a minor leaguer from the farm system, I wonder who. Theo loves holding onto those young arms. If its Michael Bowden Id say noway, giving up manny and then your best minor league pitcher :no Maybe its Pauley's time to go?