my morning jacket @ louisville! 8.16.08

wow.

so jealous.

as happy as I was to see both two nights each of radiohead and wilco last week, I really wanted to see this show... and part of me wants to hop a plane for red rocks right now!

but I think I'll have to settle for Philly (don't have tix yet) and NYE.

dude! wish i'd known! that was wendy who was with me! she really wanted to meet you!

and we were standing VERY close to each other during the show. what a hoot!

as she was driving me to the airport sunday afternoon she said she was bummed that she never got to meet you.

WHO KNEW?!

i can't belive we were sitting upstairs from you all that whole time. i even came downstairs to order our food. :lol

I know I talked to the guy in the white shirt because he was saying that Jay Bennett posted here at VC under the alias of John Smith. I didn't believe it (and still don't, BTW - I think John Smith is a legit poster who was quoting a Jay Bennett MySpace email but forgot to use the "quote function" so it looked like it was Jay writing it himself. Pretty funny though.)

Oh, man, you're making it sound like I was stalking PJNC or something! Nah, I was just trying to make a connection because he mentioned that he was interested in knowing about the living room shows.

Plus, undoubtedly he would want to meet such famous VC celebs as bbop, Ms Yvon, and myself B)

:P J/K!!!!

Sorry we missed meeting up. I think after that show, no one was thinking too straight. Like Evonne said, we even had to sit on a bench to collect our thoughts.

it's funny, after that show i was wrecked and full of energy! i just wanted to run all over that lawn!

i'm gonna be riding that show for a looooong time. mostly b/c i can't see any more mmj til september. :monkey

• 3 weeks later...

before this show i ordered some stickers to hand out at the concert, but they didn't arrive until NOW. (this is my fault, i didn't read the "turn around time" :stunned )

the stickers say: RAMPANT BADASSERY

used this term to describe one of their shows, it is now my tag line for the 2008 EU tour. :cheers

if you were at one of the shows on this tour and want a sticker, send me a self-addressed, stamped envelope (fits letter size: 4 x 9 in envelope)

pm me for my mailing info.

seeing them again in los angeles TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY! hot damn!

for the record: the stickers don't have any mmj logos or text on them: no copyright infringement or unsolicited involvement for the band.

• 9 months later...

for those of you who might be interested:

after giving out all the RAMPANT BADASSERY stickers, i've been getting a lot of requests for more. so!

sticker give away MACH II is on!

the new batch of stickers has a small difference: where the last batch had "yow! 2008" on the bottom right, these will say, "boogity! 2009" on them. :dancing

if you want one, send me a self-addressed stamped envelope (3.5 x 9", legal letter size) and i will send you back a sticker!

to get my mailing info, send me a pm.

i would like to add: FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY! :cheers