How many of you have watched the wilco movie on an HDTV w/ good speakers?

the audio recording for this movie is ridiculously good - if you jack it up and blast it at full volume you feel as if wilco is in the room with you playing the songs. you can hear every little nick, the bass sounds amazing as if john is playing it right in front of you, the drums on pot kettle black are so completely awesome that i don't know how they didn't manage to capture that sound on the actual album (it's much more muffled on the album, though still good).

saying that leads to my next question - is there anyway to get the recording of these songs in mp3 format or (better) lossless?

the audio recording for this movie is ridiculously good - if you jack it up and blast it at full volume you feel as if wilco is in the room with you playing the songs. you can hear every little nick, the bass sounds amazing as if john is playing it right in front of you, the drums on pot kettle black are so completely awesome that i don't know how they didn't manage to capture that sound on the actual album (it's much more muffled on the album, though still good).

I assume you mean IATTBYH. I've only watched it on Youtube, and actually the sound was pretty decent through my budget-audiophile desktop stereo (no subwoofer so can't comment on bass depth). As far as I recall, these are mostly live takes that the filmmaker caught, they don't resemble the final YHF mixes of the songs.

The album is famously and heavily studio-fied, and I think the end result is unique and 'classic', though they did go with a deliberate low-fi ethic - you can hear the compression on songs like Kamera, and it's intentional. Other tracks retain some dynamics. I have it on vinyl and it's a pretty good sounding record. (for a rock album)

saying that leads to my next question - is there anyway to get the recording of these songs in mp3 format or (better) lossless?

Sure, buy the CD, or LP. It's called Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. ;)

I saw in in a theater with a pretty good sound system and it did indeed rock my shit.

Sure, buy the CD, or LP. It's called Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. ;)

He wasn't asking about MP3s from Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

He's looking for the songs specifically off the IATTBYH documentary DVD.

perhaps i will try to rip it. i'm surprised no one on here has lossless rips of this documentary.

Probably so - but, sharing commercial material, particularly Wilco material, is frowned upon here. If you do Bit Torrent, or search Mp3 blogs, I am sure it is out there to be had - somewhere.