Umm.. I'll try again

after reading some of the posts by moderators from this weekend, I have a suggestion. I have seen other forums that have an adult section where you have to enter your age, etc, in order to gain access to part of the forum. I suggest that maybe we could make the Umm section an over 18 section since many of us like to express ourselves as adults and may use language that is not acceptable for all ages.

anyone agree? comments? other suggestions?

Well, since you asked (twice, even).

No, I don't think we need that. The NSFW rule is useful, and refraining from gratuitous profanity is equally appreciated. The interwebs has a zillion places for anything you care to find in that genre, and I don't think that VC needs to be one of them. I don't think a person has to use unlimited vulgarity for shock-value or to prove his/her adultness here or anywhere for that matter. It's just not necessary.

Vince

actually, I was just thinking that it would be a place where people could post controversial things that members would not want their children to view, not necessarily an "anything goes" type thing where NSFW pictures could be posted. but, if someone wants to discuss a sexual topic, they could use that forum, just as an example. I've seen it work pretty well on other boards with much younger people.

also, I'm not suggesting that it be a place where people would be nasty to each other either. that seems to happen all over the board regardless.

i could put a warning on the forums frontpage for Umm i suppose

i don't mind language, but NSFW photos, etc. don't really belong on Via, there's plenty of other forums for that imo

I agree with that sentiment.