Kasey Chambers

Hell, this board is pretty-well focused on the whole "alt-country" thing, no?

Any fans of Kasey around here? My wife adores her, and we are going to see her next month. How is she live?

The new stuff -- duets with her husband Shane -- sounds pretty good.

Whaddya think and stuff?

My wife and I like her. We have seen her 3 times and it was always excellent. A crack band and she is a talented entertainer. We haven't seen her in a few years though. She hasn't been around these parts but we never miss her.

Was captivated by her voice with the first album, The Captain. Was progressively disappointed with the three following albums, but enjoyed the samples of her new one with Shane Nicholson (her husband musician), the vocal harmonies are excellent. It sounds really roots, in Appalachian style. So I purchased it.

I liked her first few records, but she lost me with Carnival. Haven't heard anything since, but I'll have to check out this new one you guys are mentioning.

• 2 weeks later...

So... going tonight.

And she is touring with her husband, Shane Nicholson. Honestly, the two of them singing together sound quite a bit like Gram and Emmylou; really great harmonies. And the new songs sound really good. I am definitely looking forward to this.

The new album is an all-acoustic return to her Appilacian/country roots. And the concert was just her, her husband, and her dad.

Kasey herself was charming as hell! She talked as much as she sang, but that was just fine. It made for a very intimate setting where I, as an audience member, felt like I was sitting with her in her living room, hanging out with the family.

A really fun night.