The new garden thread

Post all your gardening stuff here.

Does anyone know of a website that you can identify insect eggs on? I have something that laid tiny, silvery-blue eggs all over the top sides of one of the leaves on my trumpet vine. I don't want to destroy them if they're good bugs.

I'm kicking myself for not growing peppers this year. I did find a tomato plant growing next to my deck a couple of months ago. I transplanted it into a better spot and it's got tons of blooms on it. I just hope it has time to ripen before the first frost. I'm not sure what kind of tomato it is.

I can't figure out what kind of bug eggs those are. They are silvery blue and tiny and round. They are clustered all over one of the leaves on the top side. I checked What's That Bug and there are no examples.

Maybe I should just put them in a jar and see what hatches. If it's something good, I can let them go and if it's something bad I can spray some Raid in the jar or something.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I think I may be sick of tomatoes. We have so many & I feel like I have to eat them before the bugs do. I'm not cool enought to can them, although Fatheadfred made some salsa and tomatoes sauce...we have way too many. Oh well, guess there is far more horrible things that could happen with tomatoes.

Here's mine

ne7pr6.jpg

Post all your gardening stuff here.

Does anyone know of a website that you can identify insect eggs on? I have something that laid tiny, silvery-blue eggs all over the top sides of one of the leaves on my trumpet vine. I don't want to destroy them if they're good bugs.

Trumpet vine......

It has taken over my back yard...I hate the shit.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I think I may be sick of tomatoes. We have so many & I feel like I have to eat them before the bugs do. I'm not cool enought to can them, although Fatheadfred made some salsa and tomatoes sauce...we have way too many. Oh well, guess there is far more horrible things that could happen with tomatoes.

Here's mine

ne7pr6.jpg

Give them away.

Still plucking these guys, and I've got a few cherry bombs ripening, as well as some very long, dark green peppers. Gonna be in good shape for hot peppers over the winter, I think.

I had a habernero plant that lasted 2 years in the ground down here in Fla. The second year it cross pollinated with a bell pepper plant, which grew these mushroom shaped peppers (they crew upside down. Once the peppers turned red they were bizarrely sweet-hot. I never tried to cook with them. The habeneros helped make about 60 quarters of salsa -- tomato- and mango-based -- hot sauce, and various other canned insanity.