the broken west - new album

I haven't heard anything on their new one either but I'm looking forward to it.

Bought their debut at the last, good local record store in my area which promptly closed a few weeks later.

Do they have a myspace page/original website? They might be streaming clips somewhere.

anyone heard anything regarding the style or quality of their new one?

I loved the debut, but I listened to the new one the other day and it just seemed kinda dull. I'm sure I'll give it a few more listens, but it just didn't have the hooks and charm that the first album had.

here's the allmusic review. they gave it 3/5 and this review does a lot of compare and contrast between the 2 albums.

The Broken West's debut album I Can't Go On, I'll Go On was full of sunshine. The big, bright guitars, lush and sweet vocal harmonies, and huge, friendly hooks called to mind bands like Teenage Fanclub or Beachwood Sparks; bands who sound Californian through and through, in other words. On the follow-up, Now or Heaven, they strip almost all of the sunshine out of their sound. The big chiming guitars are replaced with thinner, almost Spartan tones, the drums are often provided by machines, and the optimistic feel of the record has vanished. The template for the group's sound has shifted from sunny indie rock to more dramatic and precise indie rock. More Spoon or Walkmen than TFC, more New York than California. Luckily though the quality of the songcraft remains mostly undiminished, and if you can weather the sea change in sound, Now or Heaven is worth a listen. The best songs, like the jumpy opener "Gwen, Now and Then," the quietly urgent "Embassy Row," or the energetic "Perfect Games" could have, with a few more guitars added, fit in fine on the debut. Most of the rest are good, no-thrills indie rock with only a couple of tracks that really fall flat. "Elm City"'s icy synths and hushed tones are less dramatic than they are clich
way more 80s vibe than CA pop vibe.

I loved the last album but I'm uncertain about this new one, mostly because I prefer their old CA pop over their new '80s vibe.

Still, I can't get "Got It Bad" out of my head... it's been spinning in my brain all week.