I don't mean to gloat, but...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-I can't hear anything but ringing out of my right ear today.

-I may potentially be totally embarrassed when this show comes out because I was up front in a spot where I thought I was relatively out of the camera zone until a guy with a mobile camera stood 2 feet away from me and filmed me for a looooong time, and during several songs, making me paranoid and (I think) flub some words. I had to make a quick decision....either play it cool and just nod my head, or go all out and sing and jump up and down like a madwoman. I chose the latter. Eventually I'll learn if I made the right decision.

-The sound was HORRIBLE, being that it was in a huge stone lobby with 20 foot ceilings, but since everything was running direct to the board I'm sure it will sound stellar in the end. It was an amazing place though. Such a sense of history. And Craig mentioned how funny he thought it was that they were playing on Wall Street during the only week where it's better to be a rock and roll band than a banker.

-I can't tell you what the setlist was because I don't remember things like that, but they played for almost 1:45, and they were mostly songs from Stay Positive and Boys And Girls In America. Not surprising. Hopefully someone will post a full setlist on the Hold Steady board so I can pass it along.

-I think there were between 200 and 300 people there. There were crowd surfing incidents, and the people were immediately ushered out. I guess you can't crowd surf in a bank.

-They really kicked ass, and we're so lucky to have been a part of it.

-I may potentially be totally embarrassed when this show comes out because I was up front in a spot where I thought I was relatively out of the camera zone until a guy with a mobile camera stood 2 feet away from me and filmed me for a looooong time, and during several songs, making me paranoid and (I think) flub some words. I had to make a quick decision....either play it cool and just nod my head, or go all out and sing and jump up and down like a madwoman. I chose the latter. Eventually I'll learn if I made the right decision.

I'll save you the suspense: you made the right decision.

I don't know.....he was primarily up there to do some close ups of the band, as they had a second camera up front but it was on a track and they were just running it back and forth to pan the stage, but since he was right in front of me, every time he saw me raise my arm or heard me shout something he spun around and aimed it at me again. I was so flustered!

I have a feeling I will look a bit like Elaine Bennis. :lol

• 4 months later...

The preview for the broadcast:

http://www.theartistsden.com/episodes/holdsteady.shtml

This season is going to be on PBS so I will actually get to see it! I don't know what the air date for this show is but the season starts this week with Alanis Morrisette.

Look to the bottom right during "here's a toast for St. Joe Strummer, I think he might have been our only decent teacher". I'm the blue arm pointing in the air. The camera swings around and you can see me and Al from the front. I can't wait until this airs. :dancing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Spot the Mrs. Peel! :lol

:lol

Aired setlist:

Constructive Summer

Sequestered In Memphis

Magazines

The Swish

Bangin' Camp

Massive Nights

Your Little Hoodrat Friend (My closeups! Thanks god I sang the right lines!)

Stay Positive

Slapped Actress

Lord I'm Discouraged

Stuck Between Stations

How A Resurrection Really Feels

• 6 months later...

It's on right now!