I just started messing with the new Genius feature this week and it's pretty awesome for catching a mood, etc. For those unaware, it's essentially putting together a playlist from your music library based on the song that you select. I'm having issues with a few artists for some reason but I'm assuming they'll fix this.

Anyone tried this yet?

I actually like Pandora better.

I haven't tried this yet, since the last 2 times I have updated iTunes, it has f'd up my iPod. I would assume it was coincidence, but it was 2 different ipods. :unsure

As for the genius feature, I downloaded an app a year or two ago that sounds like it does the same thing. Pick a song and it creates a playlist based on mood or whatever. It was neat to play with for about a week.

I'm a fan of Genius. I use it in the mornings when I'm stumbling around the house getting ready for school. I hit Weekend Wars by MGMT, and Ratatat and Of Montreal were the subsequent bands. Cool. Has the Genius thrown out anything really wrong at you?

Used a Genius playlist yesterday to load up my Shuffle to cut the grass. I based it off "Hotwax" by Beck and got some pretty good yet predictable results with some Flaming Lips, White Stripes, Wilco, Pavement, Beck, Talking Heads, etc.

I like it so far because it's a good way to hear some songs buried in your library and I thought it all matched up pretty well. To be honest, though, I have no use for the Genius sidebar with its recommendations from the iTunes store.