cold war kids - loyalty to loyalty

tempted to buy this album b/c of my enjoyment of their live show alone. i thought their previous (first?) album had some good songs, but i did not listen to it very much.

it is not getting great reviews. anyone have an opinion on the new one?

I got the record because of they toured with Delta Spirit, who I like. I like the sound of the record, but the lyrics not so much. It's a meh record. But Delta Spirit's is amazing.

I can't possibly begin to express how bad this album is, and how dissapointed I am.

I tried, though:

Disappointing follow-up to a promising beginning

by Chris Towers

With the release of their debut album, Robbers and Cowards, the Cold War Kids faced criticism of being overly serious, amateurish and heavy handed.

Lead singer Nathan Willett was roundly accused of too much white guy soul posturing in his pained, screamy vocals and telling stories about death row and army hospitals.

The critics were an album early, it seems.

On their sophomore album, Loyalty to Loyalty, the Fullerton, California four-piece finds them steering away from what worked on the first album.

Instead of building on previous successes, the band seems to try and prove critics wrong by attempting to build on the things that didn

Nice work bobbob

agreed. and good to know.

if the new album is bad enough to prevent solace from attending the live show, i will turn my attention (and wallet) to tv on the radio and delta spirit.

thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...
live show = great

first album = pretty good, but simply a collection of their earlier EP's

new album = not so good...

in fact i'm tempted to sell my ticket to their sold out show next week as a result

solace, did you end up going? if so, how was it?

i have a free ticket for tonight's show and definitely want to see a.a. bondy and delta spirit. just not sure how long i am sticking around for cold war kids.

surely the new album sounds better live.