Neil Young - Vancouver, BC 10/22/08

Same "holy shit" setlist as MN, except we got Oh, Lonesome Me in place of Helpless. I really liked the new songs, too.

Love And Only Love

Hey Hey, My My

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

Powderfinger

Spirit Road

Cortez The Killer

Cinnamon Girl

Oh, Lonesome Me

Mother Earth

The Needle And The Damage Done

Unknown Legend

Heart Of Gold

Old Man (w/ Larry Cragg on banjo)

Get Back To The Country

Just Singing A Song

Sea Change

When Worlds Collide

Cowgirl In The Sand

Rockin' In The Free World

A Day In The Life

Definitely my fave Neil electric show - somehow, he just keeps getting better and better! Cortez was beautiful. Just beautiful.

Lot's of lovely vintage gear, random Neil artifacts (cigar store indian, dove keyboard from the RNS tour hanging above the stage, etc.) and the usual WTF touches (an artist who stood behind the band and painted throughout the performance - huh?).

Our seats in the penalty box :lol were worth every penny. I had a great view of the stage and the very diverse GA crowd on the floor - Boomers, aging Gen-X tech geeks, biker-hippies, hippie-bikers, white haired grandmothers w/ their grandchildren, Kevin Chong (the guy who wrote Neil Young Nation), stoned indie kids, chatty teen girls, and lots of young couples. Wilco should have no problem winning a few new fans in December.

2 days to the bridge concert hoping for another amazing Neil show down here :dancing .

MJ, where are you sitting? I'll be in section 204, Row G on Saturday (can't make it Sunday :ohwell ).

Our seats in the penalty box :lol were worth every penny.

:w00t Judy, that is fantastic! :canada

Oh, and more random Canadiana: Neil was wearing a Louis Riel t-shirt.

Qui est-ce? (Actually I Googled it, but just wanted to type something en francais so maybe you'd think I was from Quebec or something. :pirate )

Glad you and Doug had fun, Judy! :thumbup

PS What'd you think of Everest and/or Death Cab?

• 2 weeks later...