Shove - L Seven

Drown Soda - Hole

Bomb - Bush

Roads - Portishead

Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love) - Joan Jett, Paul Westerberg

Thief - Belly

Aurora - Veruca Salt

Big Gun- Joe-J, Ice T

I liked the movie at the time and remember liking most of the music. I just couln't do it. Even for the great Westerberg/Jett version of that Cole Porter song.

right..in my dyslexic world I guess on means no. Despite a good concept I guess there was no interest in trying to make another one.

LouieB

it was a comic book movie based on a little known comic book, when comic book movies weren't nearly as popular as they are today.

it was a comic book movie based on a little known comic book, when comic book movies weren't nearly as popular as they are today.

Yea, this is sort of true; there had been some Superman and Batman movies and the Road Warrior movies (which admittedly were not from a comic book per se), but somehow they messed up. I suppose had it been made today it would have had more traction a la Hellboy, since it has more in common with that type of story than a super hero movie.

LouieB

I recall thinking that the opening credits and the first 20 minutes were brilliant and after that....well maybe you had to be a fan of the comic to dig it, I dunno...

LouieB

I maintain that Ann Magnuson's song and dance routine to "Let's Do It" was pure genius.

OOH!!! Here's a YouTube clip of it:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC_8HZ9ICl8

the comic was fantastic and, like lou said, the film started off strong and then kind of puttered out. the hewlett opening/closing credits were phenomenal. lori petty ended up grating my nerves after a while, as she is prone to do in every film i've ever seen her in.

Yes to all of that.