Of Montreal 16 Nov 2008

Great show. First I found a parking spot about 100 yard from the door, the place has no parking lot so in downtown Denver an hour after the show starts, how great. Get in line to buy tickets, stand on said line. The guy in front gets his ticket and turns and offers me a free ticket. Awesome. Get inside and nice and close. Me and my friend were not dressed cool enough, and were to old to be that close, but whatever. Good set list. closed by playing Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Any one else go?

Hah! I went last night and left after the 4th tune. Not my cup-o-tea. Glad you enjoyed it Griddles.

p.s. I always thought Griddles was ction. That's odd.

It got better as the show went on. What did you think of the dancers? I did not really care for them at all.

Why do people think I am ction? Do I need to start a thread? :shifty

It got better as the show went on. What did you think of the dancers? I did not really care for them at all.

Why do people think I am ction? Do I need to start a thread? :shifty

I went into the show knowing next to nothing about them and hadn't even heard a tune of theirs before. I guess I just wasn't much in the mood for the extravaganza and fanfare. I read a decent review of the show, though. I'm glad you had fun.

griddles, thanks for the post. i've been waffling (!) about seeing them this weekend here in la. the one time i've seen them i went having a couple of their records but knowing nothing about the live show. i had a blast.

i'm in for saturday! woo! now, where is that cape?

I went into the show knowing next to nothing about them and hadn't even heard a tune of theirs before. I guess I just wasn't much in the mood for the extravaganza and fanfare. I read a decent review of the show, though. I'm glad you had fun.

Did you see the opening band? I did not get there in time.

griddles, thanks for the post. i've been waffling (!) about seeing them this weekend here in la. the one time i've seen them i went having a couple of their records but knowing nothing about the live show. i had a blast.

i'm in for saturday! woo! now, where is that cape?

Going to one of their shows cold is hard (I think). Last time I saw them I went with a group of people. Some knew what was in store, and one did not, the one guy wanted to leave right away.

Cape? If you dress up make sure and be very close, and get there early, or else you look crazy.

Nice to see this band mentioned here. One of my favorites.

Sorry you didn't dig it Lammycat but IMO 4 songs is not enough to evaluate a show knowing nothing from a band before hand. But i must admit their music is not for everyone, especially if your into mainstream.

For a indy band, or any band for that matter, to pull off the musical extravaganza this tour stages is refreshing. As Kevin barns says, if the visuals are too much for the audience just close your eyes and listen. :worship

The stage production is meant to assault the audience senses.

The Dallas show i saw last week was amazing! And after the gig in the streets behind the HOB we were treated to impromptu 8 song acoustic set.

I loved it so much i booked my new years eve in Athens for a home town club gig to bring in '09.

here is my recording for anyone interested.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=223726

here is some youtube i took.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SLzfcZEMIjg

here is some youtube from the acoustic gig in the streets behind the venue.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ihrlRiNX7lY

Also they are making a appearance on Letterman in December.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2008...real_200_2.html