Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only small snippets and it's a stream and all, but I think I'm going to like this album better than Sirens. And I like Sirens.

yeah... hard to say on one listen through those clips (they're quite long though!), but it's sounding fantastic

even more soulful & rootsy than Sirens, which i absolutely loved. sometime i'd like more stuff like In A Razor Town & The Magician tho...

i think it's safe to say his tour w/ Son Volt rubbed off on them a bit too

I was really disappointed with the first Jason Isbell solo record. Especially with the toothless version of "Dress Blues"

I saw Jason and Browan at cafe du nord ten days ago. He did two sets and really seemed present. He was in fine voice and spirits about the new album. Love the snippets, I think he is such a fine songwriter just coming into his own. Looking forward to February :thumbup

I love Jason, but I'm not really digging the song streaming on his myspace. I'll check out that other link and see if the other snippets grab me.

*edit* The snippets are, indeed, grabbing me. Much more so than the full song on the myspace. I think it's gonna be a good record!