Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I'll throw this one out there. Am I the only one who, every time I hear the intro of "The Blue", sort of expects him to break into a cover of "Sexual Healing"? That is neither a criticism or a compliment, just a funny thing I noticed.

Perhaps he is saving that one for the live show. The Blue>SH>Blue transition would be allsome. You heard it here first. :thumbup

It sounds more like Jack Johnson should start singing to me. :lol

I just want to say from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU! (You know who you are). I will give you my ranked list soon! Unfortunately I have to wait until April to see him live but it's a great little club he's coming to.

Guess so, it seems really pointed to me though. I don't hear any other subjects. I hear it as him talking to the band. "I never meant to get bored with you but I never meant to stay".

I guess that's why it's called 'interpretation'. :)

Some great points. However, the line "You ain't the type to be travelin', so why not just stay." to a dude that's spent the better part of the last decade on the road doesn't seem to fit. If I had to guess, I'd say this song has more to do with Shonna than Patterson. Either way, a great, powerful song.

My favorite line of the whole album is "They tell me you walk on the water now, but I know who showed you the stones". Love it!!

Forgive me if I'm being dense....but...I get the intent of the lyric, but not sure of the meaning. What "stones" is he referring to? Is it something biblical? The stones at the bottom of the river? Either way, love the song.

Jack

Forgive me if I'm being dense....but...I get the intent of the lyric, but not sure of the meaning. What "stones" is he referring to? Is it something biblical? The stones at the bottom of the river? Either way, love the song.

Jack

I take it as the person in question doesn't really walk on water but is standing on stones hence giving the illusion of walking on water.

I am loving this album. My list so far:

1. Sunstroke

2. Cigarettes and Wine

3. Seven-Mile Island

4. No choice in the matter

5. The Blue

6. Good

7. Streetlights

8. The last song I will write

9. However Long

10. Coda

11. Soldiers get strange

I take it as the person in question doesn't really walk on water but is standing on stones hence giving the illusion of walking on water.

:yes Everyone thinks the person is God-like and walking on water when they are really standing on stones underneath the surface. IMO of course.

• 2 weeks later...