Dear Leo and Lou and all of us who came up on the north coast

That was fun! Thanks Chris.

First it was WKNR (Keener 13), then CKLW, then onto FM with WABX and the rest. We were lucky. Detroit radio in the 70s was special.

What the hell happened!?!

No. Don't say it!

The 80s. Culture Club and Robert Palmer all over the dial.

Ugh.

That was fun! Thanks Chris.

First it was WKNR (Keener 13), then CKLW, then onto FM with WABX and the rest. We were lucky. Detroit radio in the 70s was special.

What the hell happened!?!

No. Don't say it!

The 80s. Culture Club and Robert Palmer all over the dial.

Ugh.

I didn't live up there, but I will agree with you Leo - the '80s were absolutely dreadful in terms of popular music. That's when I became a jazz head. Thank God for jazz.

We listened to CKLW as young teenagers in the early 1970's whenever we were up at the lake in NE Indiana. We had great reception there and CKLW was much better music than WOWO from Fort Wayne.

Many hours spent laying in the sun listening to the radio back then! B)

The other night I was out to dinner with a friend my age (a year older actually) and we were decrying the fact that no one listens to radio anymore for the music. While CKLW had a really short play list, it was still plenty fun to listen to. It blasted out all over the upper midwest. They played a bit too much Motown, but then that was their market.

I just love the screwy, loud format. It is so far out of style now. It sure does remind me of my youth.

LouieB