Anyone see The Smashing Pumpkins?

I am going to the December 8th show. The show should have been November 22 but Billy was sick. Anyone with a review of the show or opinion on how they did?

Thanks.

Peace

I'm seeing them next week in LA and am starting to regret it. Apparently, the reviews from their shows have been pretty bad. Here's one from their show in NYC.

http://www.fluxblog.org/2008/11/one-last-trip-to-hell

This video pretty much summed up for me just exactly what a flash in the pan Billy truly was. Even going back now and listening to their best stuff, it just doesn't feel like it stands the test of time. I never really loved SP then, and now that opinion continues to sink with every new thing Billy does. Such a primadonna.

i've never understood the pumpkins image either. that golden sun god outfit sounds absurd. i will, however, contend that Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie are two of the better albums released in the 90s. and Gish ain't half bad either.

i've never understood the pumpkins image either. that golden sun god outfit sounds absurd. i will, however, contend that Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie are two of the better albums released in the 90s. and Gish ain't half bad either.

To my ears Gish has aged better than MCIS and SD, although SD is still pretty darn good.

Billy has frustrated and confused fans of the band to the point of alienation. That's too bad because when Billy is "on" and focused on the music he can really put something together that can be great. Yet, he constantly worries about making some thing great that turns out to be mediocre or just plain bad. That's the biggest disappointment to me - that he can't keep his ego/ambition in check.

Anything new that Billy has to say, I'm just not interested anymore. It sucks because I used to be the biggest Pumpkins fan. I guess it's time to move on, huh? I'll buy the official Mashed Potatoes (pre-92 demos, studio tracks) set when it's released because there are some great songs on there but he's not going to get any of my business on any more new/solo projects much less my attention.

I loved Gish, and really wanted these guys to be great. I saw them in a club and they were as about good as I hoped they'd be. Then I saw them on Lollapalooza and they were absolutely horrible. Maybe they were having a bad night, but that killed any interest I had in them.

Some time after that (or maybe slightly before), they did a headline tour of medium sized theaters. My friend's band was booked to open for them for two or three nights (the drummer from the band was a old friend of Jmmy Chaimberlain's, I think). After the first night, Corgan had a major fit and refused to play the next night unless the opening band was replaced. (Of course, I only got one side of the story, so who knows what his fit was all about, or if it was a fit at all. Seems pretty in-line with his reputation as a prima donna, though.)

I loved Gish, and really wanted these guys to be great. I saw them in a club and they were as about good as I hoped they'd be.

Word.

Gish is a pretty good album.....and they were really good at the club level. Last time I saw them was at Double Door, spotlighting their to be released new album Infinite Sadness or whatever. After that, I was done with them.

Thanks for the links.. Kind of sad that it has turned out to be like this.. I hope it turns out to be a good show even though all the bad reviews. I've been waiting for years to see them play. I hope it doesn't turn out to be an upset... :hmm

Peace