Good shows coming up in...

So I'm going on a roadtrip back from New Mexico to Connecticut and will be stopping in the above mentioned cities. I tried looking around but couldn't find any good shows to see. I plan on being in Denver on December 7th, Omaha December 8th, and Chicago December 9th. Anyone know of anything good those dates?

So I'm going on a roadtrip back from New Mexico to Connecticut and will be stopping in the above mentioned cities. I tried looking around but couldn't find any good shows to see. I plan on being in Denver on December 7th, Omaha December 8th, and Chicago December 9th. Anyone know of anything good those dates?
What do you consider good? If you check the thread on what to do in Chicago it gives some places to look for shows (The Reader and Time Out) and some clubs that people think are good places to go. Cross reference those places with their calendars (all clubs have websites) and you may find something to do and you may find somewhere to stay, eat, hang out, etc.

I know you are young, but with that kind of itinerary you may be pretty beat once you get here...actually if you are here on Tuesday there are some regular gigs that are fun such as Devil in a Woodpile at the Hideout that won't be too taxing.

LouieB

Dec 9 & 10 are the Letters to Santa fundraiser at Second City in Chicago, and Jeff will be playing on Dec 10th. See "just a fan" section for info.

Dec 9 & 10 are the Letters to Santa fundraiser at Second City in Chicago, and Jeff will be playing on Dec 10th. See "just a fan" section for info.

Yea, that's a good idea. For 20 bucks you can stay there all night and see Jeff. Plenty of people sleep in the back (i know I have in the past) since it gets pretty slow in the wee hours.

LouieB

Awesome thanks for the tip. I'll definitely be doing that, I don't know how I even missed it! Do you know if it'd be cool to crash there both nights or what?

I tried checking those and didn't see much :-/ I may be getting a little older, but still have some energy left. On the road trip out here from CT I was fine seeing Iron & Wine after driving from Alabama to New Orleans!

What do you consider good? If you check the thread on what to do in Chicago it gives some places to look for shows (The Reader and Time Out) and some clubs that people think are good places to go. Cross reference those places with their calendars (all clubs have websites) and you may find something to do and you may find somewhere to stay, eat, hang out, etc.

I know you are young, but with that kind of itinerary you may be pretty beat once you get here...actually if you are here on Tuesday there are some regular gigs that are fun such as Devil in a Woodpile at the Hideout that won't be too taxing.

LouieB

Awesome thanks for the tip. I'll definitely be doing that, I don't know how I even missed it! Do you know if it'd be cool to crash there both nights or what?
I think you will have to leave after Jeff plays at 10. But if you are there 24 hours you may make friends maybe someone will take you in.

(Okay Chicago has something, let's hear from Omaha and Denver.....)

LouieB

Tuesday the 9th, you could go to Hotti Biscotti to see Jim Baker.
Yea, if only we would make this gig sometime. There is also Von (which we should plan for during the holidays...) also, but at neither place will they let you stay all night....

Louieb

:lol for the record, it ain't just the Rev...but Nashville Pussy is opening. that'd be some fun.

they haven't been the same since Corey Parks left. One time, after a guy jumped up and touched her boob, she kicked his bottom jaw across the bar.

My 18 year old brother is going to be in for an adventure; I've stolen him for the trip. I can't believe my mother is actually allowing me to take him across country with me!

You might want to make sure in advance that any shows you are planning to go to aren't 21+

You might want to make sure in advance that any shows you are planning to go to aren't 21+

Yeah. I kinda think the only show i'm going to commit to ahead of time is the letters to santa show. Either that or I'll just tell him to get lost one night!

they haven't been the same since Corey Parks left. One time, after a guy jumped up and touched her boob, she kicked his bottom jaw across the bar.

agreed, but it's probably safer for me to go see them now...if she was still w/ them, I'D be that guy getting his bottom jaw kicked across the bar.