Philadelphia 12/12

I'm coming to town in the afternoon, but since we have seats, we won't be showing up too early. I'm so glad we decided to get seats. I'm recovering from an ankle sprain and am still on crutches, so GA wouldn't be possible.

I hate that the sports complex is a vast wasteland in terms of bars and restaurants. We're staying near the airport, but we may have to go more into the city to find a place to eat. Suggestions are welcome!

I'm coming to town in the afternoon, but since we have seats, we won't be showing up too early. I'm so glad we decided to get seats. I'm recovering from an ankle sprain and am still on crutches, so GA wouldn't be possible.

I hate that the sports complex is a vast wasteland in terms of bars and restaurants. We're staying near the airport, but we may have to go more into the city to find a place to eat. Suggestions are welcome!

McFadden's at Citizens Bank Park is right across the street and a good place to grab a burger and a beer.

eat at la lupe on 9th and FEDERAL its the best authentic mexican on the planet, and i have been to mexico. other than that philly offers pretty good to excellent everything. the best philly cheesesteak is tony lukes at 3rd and oregon. its not too far from the sports complex. get the steak italian. no matter what else looks appetizing just get the steak italian im serious.

eat at la lupe on 9th and FEDERAL its the best authentic mexican on the planet, and i have been to mexico. other than that philly offers pretty good to excellent everything. the best philly cheesesteak is tony lukes at 3rd and oregon. its not too far from the sports complex. get the steak italian. no matter what else looks appetizing just get the steak italian im serious.

tony's is actually on front and oregon (front st = 1st st, for the out of towners). while i won't take get into a argument over the 'best' philly cheesesteak, i think tony's pork sandwitches are better than their steaks. if pork is your thing, get one with sharp prov and spinach. though i haven't been to mexico, i'll second the recomendation of la lupe.

if anyone is feeling the trip into the heart of south philly for the orignal steak experience, go to pat's over gino's at 9th and passayunk. pay attention to the ordering instructions (drinks at the second window) and get a steak w/ wiz. pizza, wiz, wit-out is my personal choice for steak euphoria.

if you're looking to conserve cash and a place to sit while eating, go byob. check out this site: http://www.gophila.com/byobmap/. search for byob's by neighborhood.

for the diner or tailgater who hasn't been to PA before, the state-run liquor stores are the only places to by a bottle and beer distributors are the only place to get something larger than a 6-pack (yeah, we think it's weird too). don't waste your time going to a grocery or convenience store.

for bars between center city and the show, i recomend bob and barbara's on 15th and south. $3 gets you a shot of beam and a can of pabst at any time and the bar houses the world's largest collection of pabst memorabilia.

comes down this spring.

You just traded me for two beers? :ohwell

Don't feel bad. There have been occasions when I'd trade my mom for beers. :thumbup

Bob & Barbara's sounds awesome! I can trade you for a shot and a beer, and still have enough for a rather paltry tip.

I cannot express how much I am looking forward to this time next week!