Gogol Bordello...

Hey y'all...

Anyone seen Gogol Bordello live before? Are they worth seeing? They are playing NYC tonight and tomorrow. If the prices is right I may go!

Definitely. If you are fan of their music and that type of music, you will not be disappointed in the live show. Tons of energy. I saw them open for Manu Chao a couple of years ago at Red Rocks and loved it. saw them this past September at ACL Fest and it was good too, though not as good as Red Rocks.

I know I'll be outnumbered with this opinion, but I do not care for their live show. There's a ton of energy, sure, but after about ten minutes, I was like, "Okay, I get it". *shrug*

yeah... admittedly i lost interest after 25-30 minutes myself... but i thought that was mostly because I don't really dig their music style too much

I actually dig the music quite a bit, but in small doses. When it comes up on shuffle I find it's a nice palate cleanser, but I've never been able to listen to Super Taranta all the way through.

for a long time i couldn't stand the band, because i'd listened to a few of their records and was just annoyed for the most part... wasn't until i finally saw some photos & videos of their live show when I got interested in them more.