3oz. worth of pimping

Hope you don't mind me sharing a bit of info on an upcoming show of mine in balmy New York City...

I'll be at the Bitter End this Monday, January 12, at 9:30pm, playing a handful of songs of mine, along with my dear friends:

Craig Meyer on drums

Brian Killeen on bass

Eric Katerle on guitar

Chris Kuffner (Ingrid Michaelson) on guitar (Chris plays bass with Ingrid and used to play bass with me, but he's back in town and we've dubbed him our personal Jonny Greenwood)

Ryan Vaughn (Joshua Radin, Jeffrey Gaines) on percussion

Daniel Weiss (Joan Osborne, Jill Stevenson) on organ/piano.

PLUS we'll have Sir Chuck Hancock on sax for one number, and dear pals Rachel Platten, Sarah Versprille (The Josh Dion Band) and Kailin Garrity jumping up for some backing vocals as well.

I have no idea where we're going to fit everyone! We'll be happy, shoe-horned little people!

Thanks for letting me pimp a bit, much love vc'ers old and new!

-mart

l_189286af343e4a4495396fba8a544891.jpg

Were I in NYC, I would try to get there.

Good luck and have a great gig!

Thanks fellers... gonna be a fun night. We did a rehearsal/performance with Dan Weiss and Chris Kuffner at the Red Lion tonight, bbop was there, I think it went well, so all systems are go for tomorrow night at the Bitter. If you're in the NYC area, I hope you'll say hi to a fellow VCer.

-mart

The pimpage has to continue just for one more brief mention: Twas a fun night, thanks to Paul bbop as always for hanging with us... lots of fun with great and mighty talented folks... a concertgoer filmed it and put it up at youtube, so here are the links if anyone, anyone at all is remotely interested in having a look (don't forget to click view in high quality"):

The players from left to right: Dan Weiss, Organ (hidden)... Chris Kuffner, Telecaster (that's Jenny Owen Youngs' Tele for anybody who knows her stuff, she was nice enough to lend it to Chris)... Craig Meyer, drums... me, acoustic and vocals... Ryan Vaughn, percussion... Brian Killeen, bass... Eric Katerle, geetar.

(featuring Kailin Garrity, Rachel Platten, and Dave Pittenger on backing vocals)

(featuring Sir Chuck Hancock on saxophone)

(featuring Sarah Versprille, who just joined the band Vetiver [look for them in Europe and US next month!], on backing vocals)